Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Aw. Baby humpback whale!

Good luck GR with your passport vibes and family visiting.

So jealous Limer. Not of your yarn purchase but that the price is written in dollars!

And congratulations Library Lady - it's beautiful!

I've just had a weekend of crying over complete nonsense. Must have been the camel thing. I was feeling far more positive today, and then I read Mr Neil's journal (I know we're not supposed to talk about him in here but) and he started me off all over again. Poor chap. He seems awful sad. I guess that one kicked him where he wasn't expecting it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
could you explain about this 'camel thing'?

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Camel?

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
Michael Vick - Hat of the Ass:

quote:
For the second year in a row, the NFL Network has rolled out their Top 100 players ranking program. The league asks players around the league to rank players currently in the NFL based on the player’s performance in the previous year. This ranking however does not come without controversy, and perhaps the NFL Network likes that. Just as in the Coaches poll in college football or power rankings in football, everyone has an opinion on the positioning in the rankings.

Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick has his own feelings regarding the recent polling, his placement on the list and says it’s a joke.Vick was rated as the 70th player in the NFL.

Speaking to Mike Missanelli on 97.5 The Fanatic Vick said, “It’s a joke. I won’t say where I need to be. I’ll let my peers and everybody else just decide on that. Maybe it was voted on by the peers, but I just disagree. I know how good I am and what I bring to the table for my football team. The things I can do on the football field sometimes can be uncanny, but I give a lot of credit to my coaches and the people around me.”

Uhh... they just did, Einstein!

*wants Vick traded so he can root for his Iggles again* Frown

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've just had a weekend of crying over complete nonsense. Must have been the camel thing

Why are you crying over a camel?

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Aha! Camels!

I meant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...e_the_camel%27s_back

(silly saying, meaning lots of little things built up to a big nothing!)

BTW how the devil are you Ms Haras? Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Yesterday we had about 120 kids at the library to see nocternal animals. Tomorrow's teen program is henna tatoos. Have I commented on how much fun it is to move into a new house in the middle of the summer reading program. And I wonder why I am so tired. Roll Eyes

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a summer reading program for adults. I miss having the time to read, and it would give me the motivation to *make* time to read.

I always used to kick serious butt in the local library program when I was small enough to participate.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
I wish there was a summer reading program for adults. I miss having the time to read, and it would give me the motivation to *make* time to read.

I always used to kick serious butt in the local library program when I was small enough to participate.

Some libs do. The lib i'm at now has an adult, teen and kid summer reading program. my old lib did the kids and teens in the summer and the adults in the winter. Talk to you lib peeps they might starts something.

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
(Smalltown distracted me, here what I came here to post.)

Text message from son about to go in for surgery:
Hi going in for my procedure now. Last song I heard on the radio was the Ramones I want to be sedadted lol :P

I love my son.

+++

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
ARGH! stoopid bureaucratic forms to fill out to build a stoopid deck!

First, they want me to draw out my property lines on a graph. I'm building a deck, not a new house. It would basically be a speck on a dot on the graph. Also, I don't know my neighbours, so how exactly is listing 'Some Dude who bought the land from my former Aunt and Some Other People really going to help define where I live?

Also, he claims that I didn't sign it. I counterclaim that there was no indication on any of the papers that I sign them anywhere.

feh.

I do not mind paying taxes or fees when such things are fair and reasonable. The fees themselves are rather fair, although they don't list how much the inspection fees will be, when they get around to charging them. But the forms are unreasonable!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
^^ Pennsyltucky.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
^^ Pennsyltucky.

Yeah. *sigh*

In other news, I now have lots of grey yarn to make a hooded sweater for Dev.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
We moved 7 car loads of sh** out of the storeage shed today. less than two weeks till the movers come for the big stuff. (i'm so tired)

+++

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a gorgeous day, sunny and breezy and so I washed some clothes and hung them out on the line. I forgot to fetch them after supper and it's raining today.

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I went out and bought bras (I found one which fits lovelyly and got two more!), pants, socks and shirts even though it was VERY BORING. Then I went to Liberty's and got a lovely remnant and ribbon and dressmaker's chalk.

All this because I was geared up to give blood but then woke up with a cold Razz

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
All day long I was moving boxes. Brain not needed, so I was thinking of things to post here. Now it's the end of the day and I am brain dead. Sorry nothing pithy today.

+++

Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
Colorado is burning. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
All those fires are really tragic and kinda scary.

I made zucchini fritters! And Devlin ate two of them!

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Oh dear. Fires and stuff.

All I can say is hello. I'm drunk and I need to go to bed Smile

Goodnight.

Actually there's loads of things I could say, but they are mostly sad things. And Gin is not good for maudlin talk. Or rather it is too good for it.

EEeuww - Arnie has a probe up his nose.

Kurt Vonnegut