Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
HOT! I have some errands to run and then I'm going to the yarn shop where it's airconditioned. Dev is heading up the neighbour's house to play with her grandson.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Summer came! And vacation! Today was last day of primary school for Medea (older daughter) and last day of kindergarden for Freya (younger daughter). Tears and excitement for the change ahead. Now we're in Berlin for the weekend - family party for nieces and nephew who all just finished school - life is good!

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
couldnt find the hangover thread

but i havent come here often lately...when i do, im usually pretty drunk

that sounds worse than it should

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I had one whole beer yesterday!

I know how to PARTAAAAYYYYYY!

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ylvs:
Summer came! And vacation! Today was last day of primary school for Medea (older daughter) and last day of kindergarden for Freya (younger daughter). Tears and excitement for the change ahead. Now we're in Berlin for the weekend - family party for nieces and nephew who all just finished school - life is good!

You were in Berlin, right here where I live, this weekend? Damn, we could have met up!

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Well Ceridwen, I felt too much a Newbie to ask ...
And I'll be back in Berlin in october so we might make it then.
If by any chance you (or anyone else on the board) plan to visit dOCUMENTA(13) please contact me if you like to meet or need information on city, places or anything.

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Composer-in-training
Picture of Grand
posted Hide Post
No air conditioning here at work. I kind of like it though. Sure beats the cold.

Posts: 5530 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
I hate air conditioning. I always get a cold from the temperature changes...
Easy to say this if you live in a moderate climate like I do...

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
well, we move into the new place finally, but my internet connection is still at the apartment. Just thought I'd say something.

Moving durring record breaking 103f temps is not fun.

other then that life is good. And you?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Oh you know, completely ignoring a national holiday. How's the new house?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I was curled up on my chair, napping under the fan. It is slightly cooler in my house than it is outside, but it's still pretty hot.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
It's f'ing freezing here! Only 106 in the shade! And we had a blackout! How can I use my electric heater now?

*fwoofs extra hot to help everyone out*

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
In the last 40 years, we here in the pacific northwest have only had nine or ten 4th of July holidays that have been both sunny AND above 70 degrees.

I think it might be 72 or 73 outside right now. Razz

----------------

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post

*waterballoons smalltown*

Posts: 257 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scoot, I was starting to get a little toasty. Cool

----------------

Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
I think dad needs to move to Seattle to heat things up a bit. Razz

TRUE STORY: Dad turned on his laptop and the neighborhood power went out 5 seconds later. He's denying everything.

Posts: 257 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
There were STILL people shooting of fireworks when I came in to work this morning. So much for letting your neighbors get any sleep.

----------------

Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
There were STILL people shooting of fireworks when I came in to work this morning. So much for letting your neighbors get any sleep.

I had to get up at 4:30am. I could have done without the boom boom. Frown
Btw happy lunchtime Smile

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:

Ah, memories of Pennsyltucky...

pop-pop-pop in summer = fireworks

pop-pop-pop in fall = hunting season

pop-pop-pop in winter/spring = murder

Big Grin

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Very frustrating only being able to visit my computer every other day.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post