Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Big day to day for constitutional dorks like me. The Commons is voting tonight on whether to limit the time allowed for debating the House of Lords Reform Bill.

I hope the Commons votes 'No', and it looks possible that they will - the Conservative rebellion looks to be enormous.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Finally the DHS and big business are doing things to make me feel safer. I hope there's a volunteer station in Minneapolis!

Posts: 32888 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I can have a beer at 3pm... I get up ar 4:30am and start work at 6am. So by my math...

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Had drug/blood/urine tests today for job:

- no food until after tests
- no caffeine
- no Adderall
- had a sinus headache from the humidity and couldn't take happy little red pills
- slept wrong on my back and that hurt and no pain meds and I. Felt. Every. F*cking. Bump. The. F*cking. Bus. Hit.

WHAT A GREAT DAY I HAD TODAY. :P

Posts: 32888 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

- no caffeine
- no Adderall
- had a sinus headache from the humidity and couldn't take happy little red pills
- slept wrong on my back and that hurt and no pain meds and I. Felt. Every. F*cking. Bump. The. F*cking. Bus. Hit.

Interesting, I was allowed to eat before mine.

Sorry about the pain Frown

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Next Friday the computer, the TV and the phone (land line) all get switched out of the apartment and in the house. [does happy dance]

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:

- no caffeine
- no Adderall

wow, they made you do a fasting blood? That is pretty hard core, and quite paranoid of them.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2009 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Have they really sold the BBC building in West London? Frown

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2711 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Yes, they have. Bits of it are listed, though, so they shouldn't be able to bulldoze most of it.

In other news, LOGOC are pissing me off.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
What gives? You drive 13 months without an inspection sticker and no one notices. Then, suddenly, it becomes apparent to every cop.

Oh well. Inevitable, I suppose. I had a good run.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
quote:

- no caffeine
- no Adderall

wow, they made you do a fasting blood? That is pretty hard core, and quite paranoid of them.

I have a feeling they get a lot of... erm... interesting applicants for positions in their hospital that sits northeast of Minneapolis.

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
So sleepy. I don't think I've slept for longer then three hours at a time since Saturday night.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
So sleepy. I don't think I've slept for longer then three hours at a time since Saturday night.

no fun, i speak from experience

what's up? like why can't you sleep?

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
To begin with, I'm usually short on sleep because I split it up into two chunks. Working overnight means I sleep right when I get home for a couple hours, and then go back to sleep later in the evening. It sucks, but otherwise I would never see my husband.

This week has thrown some curve balls that keep me up for most of the day though (Broken car, unexpected flea infestation, etc), so I've only managed to grab an hour or two in the afternoon, and maybe three before I go back to work.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Makes me feel lucky to get the sleep that I have.
That's sweet of you to see your hubby tho!
Hang in there!

----------Furious, I hope that your test went well!

My boy turns THREE in 2 weeks. Time is FLYING!!
(especially with no wifi access for weeks on end.) Lucky to have cell access most days. (1 month left - - or til the baby is born, The race is on!)
See you again closer to then!

*Lunch bells tolls.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artguy C.:

----------Furious, I hope that your test went well!

Meh, If I was any cleaner my arteries would squeak.

Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
I'm on day 4 of a 2 1/2 week self induced detox/dry out

it sucks, i was spending way too much money...i won't elaborate on what, but my $500 pay cheque I got on monday was down to $25 on Tuesday...so yeah...lame

so here are some song lyrics to describe how i've been feeling

"It's funny how nothing seems much fun anymore to me now that I quit the drink. 'Cause soberness, it might be what I need but it's certainly not how I wanna be"

kill me, this is so boring

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
You don't mean that now do you.

You need this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8&feature=related

Oh gosh, I still can't link things properly *bloodyuselesscomputeruser*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2711 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Proud of you Scott man Guy. Takes balls to do the right thing even when it sucks. -Things will pan out.

Motley, always remember to consume cookies responsibly. Wink

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Long day but now have wifi internet, tv, cable and a phone. And i onlystarted crying once.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post