Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Had a great day at work today. We had a program of live action angry birds. I think the sling shots I made out of duck tape worked better than the plastic store bought ones.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
That dream was totally not worth sleeping in for!

South Carolina closed off its borders and you had to drive up to a checkpoint area, get out and take an oral test, to prove you were a Christian, given by a pair of state policemen. And that's not being politically incorrect, they fired all the women.

And it had to be an oral test, you weren't allowed to see the questions. They were fine with me for a while because I answered all their questions properly, but then when I told them I was an atheist they got all pissy and started taking marks off and he showed me my paper and I grabbed it and ran for my car.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Traditional Dutch chocolatier
Picture of Lester Zombie
posted Hide Post
Creepy.But even without dreams like that, I consider the deep south a place best avoided.

---------------------------------
Things never were what they used to be.

Posts: 2361 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Composer-in-training
Picture of Grand
posted Hide Post
When you said oral test, I first thought you meant a mouth swab. While certainly creepy, the notion of swabbing someone for Christianity holds a bit of dreamy humor for me.

"Sarge, her love for Jesus is below detectable levels. A-and she's recently been exposed to atheism!"

"Well, Roy, we're going to have to put this one away ain't we."

Posts: 5530 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
Had a great day at work today. We had a program of live action angry birds. I think the sling shots I made out of duck tape worked better than the plastic store bought ones.
Awesome. We did, too. We considered slingshots but, in the end, I just made 80 pompoms out of yarn.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I commend you for making even one pompom, but 80? wow.

I would much rather play live action angry birds! Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weeblegeddon:
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
Awesome. We did, too. We considered slingshots but, in the end, I just made 80 pompoms out of yarn.

I had Pom Pom fixings, only four of the kids made those. I also had paper cubeis that some of the boys made. But for the game I premade been bags birds and pigs.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lester Zombie:
Creepy.But even without dreams like that, I consider the deep south a place best avoided.

DEEP?? - South Carolina is still considered to be 'Up Yonder' where I grew up. ~Yikes!!!
Creeeeepy Dream Maevers!!

Weebs- I know NOTHING of what it takes to make a pom pom, but making 80 of them sounds like one HECKUVAn undertaking!!!

- - -Hey Library Lady, post pics of your bean bag animals! I want to see them! Big Grin

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
I love having family visit, but I will admit that, having said goodbye to them yesterday, it feels SO. GOOD. to have a day to myself, when G is at daycare, and the house is quiet.

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
TheatreGeek, I used to yearn for days like that. Now I feel a little bereft when everyone has gone out. Goodness knows how I'm going to feel when they all leave. Middle kidlet gets her A Level results today.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
How did she do?

In other news, I am dogsitting a very active dog and am bloody knackered.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Chris and I left Miss Millie with his Auntie last night, she was exhausted from running after the baby all day when we got back. Millie had a great time, especially when she was allowed to play in the sprinklers.

(I know exactly what you mean, TheatreGeek).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
What a shitty run today. Perhaps eating an hour beforehand is what negatively impacted my breathing. Hmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Spawn.

Start full-time Mn. Reading Corps job tomorrow, tutoring K-3 in reading readiness/reading.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Dev goes back to school today. 7th grade. Also, he's been taller than me for a while, but after his checkup I now know he's 5'5".

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Wow Meave. Luckily they just don't seem to stop growing.

Middle kidlet got 3 A's at A level - which is great and means she can re-apply next year for med school (she thinks she wants to). She got down to 1 in 3 from 4,000 applicants in Bristol this year but didn't get the place. Disheartening.

Little kidlet got her GCSE results and got what she needed to get into 6th form, which she was really chuffed about. I'm really proud of her.

Frog is about to take her 2nd year finals and will either be going into her 3rd year or re-taking her 2nd. Fingers crossed for her.

I just want them to be content with their lives. I love them all so much.

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
*waves*

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
*Waves back*

Frog is now into her third year at uni. I hope she copes with it all - such hard work.

I also hope everyone is well?

Kurt Vonnegut

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I got Millie ready ahead of schedule this morning, so I got a little bit of cuddle time before we had to leave. She seems to be feeling better, less of a cough. My drive in today wasn't too bad, and my new car, Joan, didn't scare me with any warning lights. I feel virtuous, because I did my invoices yesterday. I've already ordered lunch, and expect it'll be delivered around noon. So far, so good for this work day (not to jinx it)!

Now I need to update my to-do list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
*peeks in*

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post