Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by halucinagenia:
I really miss the board, such a great place to just shoot the shit, we should re-invade

This reminds me of the WGBer invasions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
*dusts off the Board*

I really should bake some bread, I haven't done that in weeks. I've been lazy and *gasp* bought bread.

Gasp! I might make a gluten free pumpkin bread this evening if I have the energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
You BOUGHT bread? I really never thought I would see the day. Red Face

I've got a pie to bake today, and bread pudding and dinner rolls to prep for tomorrow. But instead I'm sitting in my pajama pants and getting nostalgia all over the board.

Sorry about that.

*grabs a towel*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with sitting in pajama pants and engaging in some nostalgia. I love digging into the Archives occasionally. We should probably archive Lester's goodbye thread. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
He popped up in my Facebook memories the other day. That was an unexpected punch in the gut. I especially miss him this time of year, because I always looked forward to his zombie Christmas cards.

----------------

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I miss his Christmas selfies as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
...and to lighten up the mood, look at what I found in my old Worlds End as Sims album:

Matt Cable and a stripper!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
In terms of turkey day

Today i'm making an ironic jello mold, and prepping stuff for the stuffing (haha)

then tomorrow i throw the stuffing in the crock pot, figure out how to roast the turkey, and bake some squash!

::stresses out::

i procrastinated on getting a turkey so we ended up getting one that's brined in the bag and it's just thrown me off course. what do i do with all the dry brine ingredients i bought?!?!

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14243 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea, never cooked a whole turkey before. I'll be making turkey stew tomorrow; nice and easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I always just did turkey breast 'cos no one really liked the legs. I would roast it on a bed of celery sticks, made amazing gravy.

I am gonna buy some turkey breast from the grocery store and bake ciabatta buns tomorrow and have BLTs with turkey for supper tomorrow! How's that for bucking tradition!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
sounds DELISH. and EASY.

Big Grin

couldn't get away with that in my family tho. i call dibs on the legs!

Posts: 14243 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I didn't realise it was nearly Thanksgiving! I guess I should because of all the Black Friday ads we've been getting Roll Eyes

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
i feel sad that message boards like this one have faded out to instant twitter shite and bogus facebook message feeds.

This place helped me when I was going though some dark shit

This! So much this!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fluffyllama:
Today i'm making an ironic jello mold, and prepping stuff for the stuffing (haha)

How on earth do you make an ironic jello mold?

----------------

Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
quote:

How on earth do you make an ironic jello mold?

uhhhm... well i said i'd make a jello mold salad thing for thanksgiving, and initially it was a joke/threat. now it's going to be a reality.... and jell-o, not unlike the spanish inquisition, is not typically expected...
uhhm...

possibly i'm not super clear on how irony and/or english works? Razz

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Unexpected Jell-o should be a band name.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
Unexptected Jell-o is my OK GO cover band

Big Grin

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unexptected Jell-o is my OK GO cover band

Big Grin

ooooh! Colourful things exploding!

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
If you want it to be ironic, it has to be lime jello with canned fruit cocktail and mini-marshmallows.

>> Survivor of many 60's and 70's church-basement shindig <<

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
i was gonna make this one, without walnuts tho

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/re...l-o-salad-65938.aspx