Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
I've been really trying to come up with things to post - but I'm just out of practice, not to mention being out of love with the world. Still a Remain supporting candidate has just won the by-election to be MP for Richmond Park so perhaps this is the beginning of the fight back?

I'm not feeling very Christmassy yet either. It's as Helen Zaltzman said in the current Answer Me This podcast, it's like one of the casualties of 2016 has been my sense of humour.

Right, I am going to put my headphones on and listen to Hely-Hutchinson's Carol Symphony.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3195 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I had such good hopes for 2016, but it's squashed almost every one.

I'm afraid to hope for 2017.

I've had some practice at board-style posting over at the forums on Ravelry. That's where I go to get a board-fix Smile My facebook feed is once again more full of suggested and liked posts than it is content posts from people, so I guess I'll just re-read the Board.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
While 2016 has been a bit of a bust as far as major world things, it's been a great year for personal and professional growth, so thankfully not a total wash on my end of things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fluffyllama:

hey there were cranberries, crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges, and pear bits all up in that thing! the recipe said to add walnuts, but i drew the line there.

Ah, they did not come through on the pic... ewww, yeah, good call, nuts do not belong in jello.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
Oh, I know where *I'm* going to spend some $$.

Anybody who works with Heifer Int'l. gets my attention.

I keep buying chickens. I need to branch out.

And if ya'll have not read Rothfuss' books, they are f-ing amazing. Some of the best misdirection on re-read books ever.

And, unrelated to his novels, his 'children's' book is genius. Coraline meets Adams family in a weird Midwestern way (seriously look up Wisconsin and serial killers, winter does weird things to folk.)

heh

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Annnd, not to spam, but yeah, 2016 and this country. I think I am still in denial.

Grats on the professional and personal growth Felia.. Ophelia... wow, just realized I have been reading your words for over the last fourteen years, and am not quite sure how to address you. heh, wacky that.

Gin anyone?

-Ivan.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I don't really like gin. It tastes like what I imagine licking a pine tree must taste like. I will admit that I haven't had it since I was 20-something and I didn't like Indian food back then, so I know my tastebuds have changed.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:

And if ya'll have not read Rothfuss' books, they are f-ing amazing. Some of the best misdirection on re-read books ever.

heh

Curses! This is right up my alley too. Added some of his books to my wishlist. NO NEW BOOKS until I finish my AG re-read and get through some of my current stacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:

Grats on the professional and personal growth Felia.. Ophelia... wow, just realized I have been reading your words for over the last fourteen years, and am not quite sure how to address you. heh, wacky that.

Feelia or Ophelia are just fine. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
So sore and so incredibly tired, but finally did my first backend trick today, after months of working on my swing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
So sore and so incredibly tired, but finally did my first backend trick today, after months of working on my swing.

I'm not saying you're dropping a bunch of double entendres, but you're dropping a bunch of double entendres.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:

I'm not saying you're dropping a bunch of double entendres, but you're dropping a bunch of double entendres.

With this lot, it's single entendres and damn proud of it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

... well fuck. Meant trapeze. I am NOT TURNING tricks, just uh performing them, 23 feet up in the air, at the instruction of others and with others watching. NO entendres here, nuh uh, none at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
So hey, Ophelia, am I doing this right?

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lumineers! (Which always makes me think of the TV show Reign).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I rather breezed by the trapeze thing, that sounds mad. Is that in a professional type thing or a (rather extreme) hobby?

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a hobby and a sanity-keeper. Tried a class randomly with a friend and was surprisingly good at it and have kept up with it since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Do you get to wear web shooters? I mean, if there's ever a time to THWIP! across a room...

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you get to wear web shooters? I mean, if there's ever a time to THWIP! across a room...

I wish! There have been a couple of spiderman costumes, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:

yup, context, heheh

-Ivan.