Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Picture of SomeKindOfStranger
posted Hide Post
*waves hello*

I was a long-time lurker here years ago, but never really posted much and I havent been on here at all for a longtim (I mostly live over on facebook now)

I Randomly stumbled across the board again today and thought i would stick my head round the door to see what was going on!

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
*waves back*

Nice to see and meet you, Stranger. Glad you finally came out of the shadows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12440 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Hellooooooo? Echo! (echo....echo....echo....)

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12440 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Oh dear. silly pooh

-Ivan.

Posts: 2015 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hello to you and welcome, with open arms, red balloons and cinnamon brains. Or at least that was how I was welcomed many years ago.
Miss all you guys, and this site.
The message boards aren't great to use on a phone though

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2715 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It’s a bit weird on an ipad too, but probably more doable than a phone.

I keep wanting to ‘like’ everyone’s posts, to show that I’m interacting.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25384 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*hugs WE* I wish more people would come back to the Board proper. I only joined a certain social media platform for people who used to be regulars here, and I'm there less and less due to the overwhelming toxicity there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I've been staying off Facebook more and more the last two years and really missing this place.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I find even when I do pop on, it's just a quick glance over at the latest and greatest without diving to deep into the pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Reconvene at WE!

I use FB because I have limited online time and currently it's the fastest way to find my peeps.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24405 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I have yarn for several projects, socks (always), a sweater for me, a sweater for a dear friend, a sweater for Dev. I have various other projects in mind too. So I’m covered for distraction from dad. He’s never going to be better, but he’s not any worse just yet. So. It’s a cliche to say ‘I wish I had just five minutes more’... this is my five minutes.

Although, I think the brown that I got to geo with this mottled blue and bron just doesn’t quite work :/ I should’ve bought the blue.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25384 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
[tinfoilhat] FB is evil and forums like this were the damned golden age of the internet. [/tinfoilhat]

I really wish I was joking.

appropriate to FB and your local grocery store.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2015 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No disagreement here, Ivan. More people are moving away from FB, and I think forums like this are better for real discussions anyway (and fun). I could never get could to the random non-chronological order of posts in groups and algorithms that determine what you really should be looking at now, really.

Besides, FB isn't sentient the way the Board is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
My glasses are foggy.

It's a hot humid day, I just worked out, and sat down with a cup of hot coffee.

And now my glasses are foggy.
Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2550 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's September, the heat and humidity need to go away STAT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
AGREED.

I am craving fall things but this humidity... I feel like even a cinnamon-scented candle would make it feel hotter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Posts: 2550 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It is chilly here, but has been raining for the last three days. It’s not raining today (so far) but I am loathe to open the windows because of the humidity. Meanwhile my house feels stuffy. feh.

Also, Sweater Update: The brown did not go well, so I did order the blue. I’m working on the neckline now, which is the last bit, except for weaving in ends and washing the thing. This is the third version so far and I haven’t liked anything so far. Probably because I just never think anything I do is good enough.

I suppose next project will be Dev’s sweater, even though that yarn is awfully crunchy to work with.

Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
everything i have ever seen that you have made is AMAZING, Maeve. including the sweet yellow hat that you made Molly <3

we are in for more humidity and muggyness here thanks to Tropical Storm Olivia (downgraded from Hurricane). so far she's just brought breezes but we're prepared for worse. nothing like what is about to hit the East Coast though, stay safe everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
OK, so, the next sweater wasn’t Dev’s. I decided to play with the squishy green yarn. Trying a new technique for alternating skeins, need to work on my tension. Might start Dev’s sweater instead of tackling sleeves on this thing. Waiting impatiently for Sunday, when we go see Frank Turner!