www.NeilgaimanBoard.com
Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest

This topic can be found at:
http://neilgaimanboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/588609765/m/85720210151

December 20, 2018, 02:31 PM
Maeve
Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
I just don’t want that other thread to be the top one. This year mostly sucked.

There was good stuff though? C2E2 with Marilyn! Frank Turner was ace! I knitted lots of things!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

December 23, 2018, 09:48 PM
wanderinginmn
Stuff! and Things!!!

Smile

-Ivan.

January 03, 2019, 03:06 PM
Ophelia's Vengeance
*hugs Maeve* may 2019 be a kinder year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!
January 05, 2019, 03:44 PM
JP
Last year was a HUGE transition year in our household, and it's still in transition as we enter the new year. I'm hoping things find some equilibrium in the next few months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr
January 05, 2019, 11:22 PM
G~R
something got Paul Simon's "Boy In The Bubble" in my head and now I've fallen down a hole of reminiscing.
I've always thought that I *knew* I'd found my people when Alaura called Dweller "Betty".
<3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007
January 10, 2019, 01:54 PM
Maeve
So. Yesterday at the doctor’s office I wandered iver to the kiosk area to check in. There are two computer screens. There is a man using one. I stood there for a few minutes, waiting for him to be done, despite the totally available, working computer screen right next to him. :/

Then, during the visit I lifted my sweater to show my doctor the weirdy rash and tottered a bit in my shoes, reached out and bumped the wall. Then I said ‘oh, sorry.’ *to the wall*

I... think I need a vacation.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

January 10, 2019, 03:21 PM
Ophelia's Vengeance
*hugs Maeve* you are long overdue for one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 12, 2019, 11:11 AM
Dweller in Darkness
I'm just looking forward to the end of first quarter business at work, when I will go from ridiculously busy to merely intensely busy.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.
January 15, 2019, 07:49 PM
Furious
What's up? Hmm...

- halfway through a Masters degree (procrastinating at-this-very-moment!)
- turned 50 last November, then almost immediately died from blood poisoning and shingles (well, not the shingles). Good thing I'm immortal.
- still living on a farm. Zip code is EIEIO.
- Have been 'officially' labeled a scientist for almost a year.
- I want a Jeep Gladiator, even though I know I'll end up hating it.
- Haven't seen the Spider-Man cartoon yet. I think I've finally had my fill of superhero movies (who am I kidding? I'll be at Hellboy opening night!).

And that's about it. Making money at a so-so job, so I can go to school, so I can get another so-so job, so I can make more money, so I can go to school, etc, etc. Big Grin
January 18, 2019, 07:25 PM
wanderinginmn
So wait, from a T9 perspective, your farm is an invalid zip code that google thinks is somewhere in Germany? nice.

heh.

edin: forgot an important comma.

-Ivan.

January 19, 2019, 03:48 AM
Tismalleen
I miss this place sometimes. You guys were insane, and lovely, and it was so great to get to know you a bit, all those years ago.

So, during the last decade or so I got myself the dog I always dreamed of, a new degree, and a soul-killing day job that should put the kids through college. The girls are teenagers now; the older one is in youth politics and the younger one dyed her hair pink and spends most of her her free time drawing and painting. They're both awesome.

And that about covers it for me. I'm very middle-aged now and seem to wake up every morning with a new pain or ache somewhere in my body. That's less awesome.

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.
January 19, 2019, 12:36 PM
Ophelia's Vengeance
*pounce hugs Farmboy Furilily*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 19, 2019, 12:38 PM
Ophelia's Vengeance
Tis! Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the soul-killing job and aches and pains, but it sounds like your sacrifice will help to propel forward the great kids you've raised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 20, 2019, 11:49 PM
Furious
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
So wait, from a T9 perspective, your farm is an invalid zip code that google thinks is somewhere in Germany? nice.

A covert German farm? I did Not See that coming...
January 20, 2019, 11:53 PM
Furious
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
*pounce hugs Farmboy Furilily*

Hiya, Flying Sporkarella! I'm in academic hell, but at the end i get a merit badge stating i went through academic hell a degree that guarantees my bullshit is of a higher quality.
January 21, 2019, 08:40 AM
Ophelia's Vengeance
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

Hiya, Flying Sporkarella! I'm in academic hell, but at the end i get a merit badge stating i went through academic hell a degree that guarantees my bullshit is of a higher quality.

Are you collecting degrees like Pokemon now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 21, 2019, 09:24 AM
Maeve
I did not go out and howl at the wolfy moon last night because it was a brisk 6F *googles* -14C.

Yeah, no.

January 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
wanderinginmn
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:

A covert German farm? I did Not See that coming...

Damn. Would have much cooler if you had planned that.

-Ivan.

January 22, 2019, 08:52 PM
wanderinginmn
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
I did not go out and howl at the wolfy moon last night because it was a brisk 6F *googles* -14C.

Yeah, no.

Yeah, that Wolf thing... *facepalm*

-Ivan.

January 23, 2019, 03:42 PM
Ophelia's Vengeance
Day 33 of working without pay...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~