Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Most of Chris' cousins went to Lake Tahoe for the last week, and it looked super fun.

We're planning to go with them next year, but we're already dreading driving 4 hours with the baby in the car seat.

Maybe we'll stop in Sacramento on the way there? That would cut the trip down... but there's no Ray and Jen to visit with when we do!

(And... that means I have a year to find a swimsuit I'm willing to wear in public. And possibly be photographed in. Eeek!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Dev always did great in the car seat, eventually he would fall asleep. But he'd just entertain himself until then. We had to remember not to give him wooden blocks though - he liked to chuck them at our heads.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
I still think that sticking the car seat (and Millie's cousin's car seat) in my cousin's car while we drive in our car is a fantastic plan.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
In the hopes that they won't notice an extra tiny human in a plastic case?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about that plan. They have reasons not to strangle their own child...

Ours though?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Oh look, the Board is still here!

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
It's a bit dusty

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
meh, what's wrong with a few dust bunnies?

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Are there....spiders?

*shudder*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*runs the vacuum*

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I do hope you put the spiders outside before vacuuming?! *shocked face*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any spiders, but it does smell a bit musty. Razz

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
Spider, spider, burning bright
In the forests of the night
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

(I actually initially encountered this verse that way in a Spider-man comic.)

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Kraven the Hunter!

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
So. Plopping out the pumpkin bread while it was still hot (like I do for regular bread loafs) was not the right way to do it. It kinda fell apart.

So they just have to eat chunks.

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Just popping in to say Happy Halloween.

I realize that I having been wearing the same costume for the last five years now.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*plots a Disneyworld vacation*

But soon I'll be off to the yarn shop. I really wish that the deli we get supper from offered a taco salad. They have awesome sandwiches, but I shouldn't eat all that bread, and the salads are great too, but I'm sooooooo bored with them. I'm craving a taco salad, but that restaurant is much further away, in the other direction.

feh.

Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
TACOS!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5631 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I see MG's been mischievous Smile And now I want tacos.

posted Hide Post
You people really shouldn't vacuum the shift too much. You'll ruin all the spider webs.

Posts: 4959 | Location: Finland | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post