Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
i just want to do a blanket congratulations to everyone that got married or had a child or whatever in the time that i havent been on here

*fwap*

Catch up and try that again!

Welcome back Smile

did i just get smacked??

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
What's all this waiting for food business? How does that work? I seem to have to cook a LOT!

Still, at least this means there's a tasty vegetable stew waiting for Frog if she comes back from uni this weekend. Nice.

(and the end of a frosty yoghurt orange cake, unless we forget it's for her and eat it all)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It's snowing here, so I think I'll make some rice pudding for tonight's dessert. Supper will be a pork roast and carrots and mashed potatoes. But I need to start the pudding now so it has time to cool down and firm up properly.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I'd love to think about what to cook for dinner, but Dan's in bed with a bug of some sort. I don't think pleasant smells will help him today.

Zara wants me to watch Scream with her, so I think I'll do that instead.

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Well, I managed to screw that up. First try the butter was too hot and scorched the flour, second try I thought it all got stirred up, but there was a small spot that didn't. And scorched. feh.

I really don't know why I bother lately, I seem to be screwing up everything I do.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Distracted by board?

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
No, I think my brain is just fried from lack of proper sleep and almost never getting to see the sun during the day. It's been horizon hugging grey clouds almost non-stop for a year now.

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Do know whether daylight bulbs actually work? I know nothing makes up for a beautiful blue sky and the feel of the warm sun on your back but I was wondering if anyone had tried one. I haven't!

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried them either and often wonder if they work.

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I think BeeZee has, and she said that they do help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
I have a 10,000 lux light, it's just a really bright light and I don't know if it works because I always forget to use mine!

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Last night's sleep was a series of two hour naps. and so my brain is fuzzy and I feel like a useless blob.

is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
wah. stupid ears. at this point in time i wish i had already registered for the doctor Razz

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
You'd think that a muscle relaxer taken at 8pm would've kicked in by say, 10:30 or so. And it almost did, except my husband was watching some tv show that had a woman screaming and gunshots ringing out. I was mostly asleep at that point, but then after the noise my leg really hurt, so I rolled over and I've been trying ever since to find a comfy spot. That almost worked and then he started snoring! And so, despite drugs, it's midnight and I am awake.

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Tonight I crested the halfway point on information-writing on a grant proposal that is due in one week.
I would mention more information more if I wasn't so busy procrastinating...

Because NOTHING inspires quite so perfectly as the VERY LAST MINUTE.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Did I manage to get any sleep? Well, I did eventually 'cos I remember I had a Firefly-esque dream, but it was well after 3am 'til I managed any sleep and I was up again at 5am 'cos of him snoring.

I wish there was another room in this house for me to sleep in.

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Oh, Maeve, you really sound like you are going through the wringer.

(hugs)

Sometimes you do need a bed to yourself in order to be able to sleep, when you aren't feeling well. Stupid question, but do you ever try sleeping during the day, when you *can* get the bed to yourself?

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
I start working tomorrow! Wahey!

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Yes, but if I do that long enough (which I have been doing lately) then I sleep all day and am up all night. I don't really like being a nightowl.

I did go back to bed this morning and slept 'til 11. I feel like I could go right back to bed now. So, I'm such a slug during the day and I get absolutely nothing done and I just look forward to when I can crawl into bed again. When I will lay there and toss and turn.

is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post