Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
Still sounds kindof wrong...

I think we met at the House on the Rock Event? That was you, right? Then you know I’m all kinds of wrong Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
*streaks the Shift*

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
And I should give it up. Nothing is coming back. The world has moved on from the board days.

An, y'all are on Facebook (though did you not read about cambridge analytica?!? tip of the iceberg much?) or twitter and that platform of supporting blatant racism to stay in business (see drumpf, or anything really, how is anyone still on twitter without being pissed?, ugh)

Oh, instant feedback,rather than just every few minutes feedback.. er... heh

Oh, and data and firms making money off of you, yeah, that makes up for the... wait? what?

?

good times, noodle salad.

edin: the bots. gotta be the bots.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I’m on twitter (not that I post much), and I fully aborted Facebook about a year ago.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crow Girl:
I’m on twitter (not that I post much), and I fully aborted Facebook about a year ago.

And I miss you! And your snark and recipes and silly jokes. But at least there are puppy pics on instagram Smile

Anyway! *waves hallo*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
And I should give it up. Nothing is coming back. The world has moved on from the board days.

An, y'all are on Facebook (though did you not read about cambridge analytica?!? tip of the iceberg much?) or twitter and that platform of supporting blatant racism to stay in business (see drumpf, or anything really, how is anyone still on twitter without being pissed?, ugh)

Oh, instant feedback,rather than just every few minutes feedback.. er... heh

Oh, and data and firms making money off of you, yeah, that makes up for the... wait? what?

?

good times, noodle salad.

edin: the bots. gotta be the bots.

I'm barely on Facebook. There's a Discord channel for Boardies. PM me if you're interested in joining.

Looks like one of us will have to ping the FB group for a mod to come in an mod, there's two months of bot spam all over this place. Ick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
[QUOTE}

I'm barely on Facebook. There's a Discord channel for Boardies. PM me if you're interested in joining.

Looks like one of us will have to ping the FB group for a mod to come in an mod, there's two months of bot spam all over this place. Ick.

oo! OO! PM me about the Discord thingy! After I get settled in NE i may start or Twitch channel or YouTube so all of you can remember what an idiot I am Razz

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
[QUOTE}

oo! OO! PM me about the Discord thingy! After I get settled in NE i may start or Twitch channel or YouTube so all of you can remember what an idiot I am Razz

Hit me up on email and I'll send you the invite link. (They expire super quickly so it may not work to do it via The Board/PM.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
I am feeling nostalgic, so I thought I would come here. I miss how things were.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3195 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Croaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psi:

Me too. Looked around and this was the only recent thread that wasn't updated by a spam bot.

---------------------
Good Dreams don't come cheap, you have to pay for them.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psi:

I feel the same. Sad isn't it, how the spam bots have taken over.

And the reason I am here is that I thought I saw you Psi in a little silver car this morning - and thought of the board (although I always think of you driving a little yellow car for some reason!)

I hope everyone is ok. Did I see SillyPunk had gone and got the virus?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
G’night Shift. You kept me happily entertained!

I love you all! Some of you I have met and hugged and fed, someday I still hope to hug everyone.

*hugs*

posted Hide Post
*hugs Maeve and waves at Motley*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
I would own the board one last time, but I can't bear to steal her from anybody. So I'll shift instead.

*shifts*

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
How can we let those not on the WE Facebook group know?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
The Twitterphiles could pass the word there.

Just...make it like a telephone tree. If you have contact info, pass it on.

I know I have a few on LinkdIn (even though I never use the damn thing).

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
Some of us old timers have wandered over. Weebs put a call out on Twitter. I'll admit I'm feeling a bit lost. I haven't been here in ages.
I'm caught up now and feeling a bit nostalgic.

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25464 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
So....

Got any mixers?

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cavenagh:
So....

Got any mixers?

I have a KitchenAid 7qt, in sugared pearl. Her name is Stella.

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd write something proper, and I thought the Shift was the place because the Shift is THE place.

This Board has meant so much to me. All of my best friends I have met in some way through it. The web of connections it has made goes much further than the people who posted.

The world has moved on from these kind of boards, and people moved on from being able to spend so much time online. People had children, graduated. Our lives have changed and the online world has too. But I'm sorry that I let the Board go. It is a wonderful place, it's people are wonderful people. I am the person I am because of the Board*.

Board - farewell.

Boardies - we're not done yet.

* I am also the person I am because of Star Trek, so, you know, it's up there.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post