Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
::is splooshed::

I needed some fresh brains so I swung by to see if there's any newbies.

Will you settle for a slightly stale old brain that has been sitting on the shelf for a while?

Also, hi from Pittsburgh.

What is in Pittsburgh? It seems kind of boring here and I would like to rectify that assessment but nobody has given me any reason to arrive at any other impression.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I've only been to Pittsburgh once and that was just to some club on the outskirts. It did indeed seem a dull place to be.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dread Captain Psyko:

Also, hi from Pittsburgh.

What is in Pittsburgh? It seems kind of boring here and I would like to rectify that assessment but nobody has given me any reason to arrive at any other impression.

- Pittsburgh
- non-football season

Hrm... it resembles Gotham City?

BIG food?

Andy Warhol?

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scourge of the Lower East Side
Picture of Nel Gurgle
posted Hide Post
It's St. Pat's Day here, anyone drinking/eating something green?

----------------------------
Official Pineapple Master General of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination

He said 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it....

Posts: 14738 | Location: 'burbs of Chicago | Registered: September 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
*eats a dollar o'bill*

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
mmmm Green food dye is an excellent mixer in Leinenkugel beer. *Like!

5 more please!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
*shakes head disapprovingly* Weird people eating weird green stuff...
I don't think I consumed anything green today. But then St. Paddy's Day was never big here. I had some Red and Brown and Yellow and Purple. There might have been a green M&M or two, I didn't check.
But there was alcohol, does that count?

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Day started out good. Until I got a call- I forgot I was working a sunday shift.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
My Father has recently taken a plunge into the world of Genealogy and has told me that our family is almost certainly more from Scotland than previously thought from Ireland.

I don't know exactly how I feel about this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Artguy C.,

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
That you should wear a kilt?

I would like to go back to bed after getting the boy off to school, but I think perhaps I'll stay awake and mix up some pizza dough.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I've been looking into that world too Artguy - I had relatives in Canada, USA and Australia. But believe their lines ran short Frown

It'd be nice to find someone survived!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
from Maeve: That you should wear a kilt?

Waiting for the photos. Wink

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
I'm so utterly depressed about the NHS reforms Frown

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I want cake. I want a big piece of cake with chocolate buttercream icing. And a scoop of ice-cream.
I should stop watching "Cake Boss".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by general punk, MA:

I think we should think of a more accurate name than "reforms".

I've been bothering my local Lib Dem candidate on twitter about this, and she's already not impressing me.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
quote:

This Frown

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Apparently Devlin doesn't have athlete's foot, he may have contact dermatitis. Which means I have to change one thing at a time and see if it goes away and he has to try the cortizone cream.

is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
onward from depressing NHS badness, just interviewed the first person who we could reference having been part of winning a nobel peace prize on the podcast. (the IPCC committee who won with Al Gore)

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
New Easter-ish avatar! WOOO!

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
onward from depressing NHS badness, just interviewed the first person who we could reference having been part of winning a nobel peace prize on the podcast. (the IPCC committee who won with Al Gore)

You've already had dealings with Pugwash, and they have a Nobel Peace Prize!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post