Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I long for the day when I have a 9-5 job.

*runs after 'pata* Don't forget your lunch!

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Yet another Night of Little Sleep. Took a painkiller too early and so missed my window to fall asleep. Did eventually turn off the light and try, but then I got paranoid that a big hairy spider was on the floor next to the bed, so I pulled the blanket up tight. Then I got hot, so off went the blanket. Then, spider paranoia, so I can't roll over on my left side and thus expose my back, whether it's covered or not, then HOT, eventually fall asleep to weirdy dreams.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Took the day off to go to a quilting class, and to help set up for tomorrow's show. Had fun, but would have been better if I wasn't working on a nasty sore throat.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
SEWING EXPO! I now have titanium coated micro-serrated scissors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Lazy weekend? Yes please Smile

eta : my 'lazy weekend' has already included 2 loads of laundry and washing dishes and pans. What's up with that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
No lazy weekend! Today I'm teaching a Google Sites class and then later in the day presenting at our genealogy club.... Excel for genealogists! I spent yesterday madly transcribing the 1940 census columns into an excel spreadsheet so folks can use it as a template. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Go Aitapta!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Hello from Manchester!

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
Hello from not Manchester!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I met a bunch of Twitter friends tonight! It was weird, not nearly as comfortable as it has been meating other boardies, probably because of the character limit on Twitter which makes it harder to get a sense of other people's personalities...

They were pretty cool, though. Amy, one of them was Wendy the Superlibrarian!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We won an award in Manchester! I'm still in Manchester!

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Yay Liz! Big Grin What kind of award was it?

I'm about ready to collapse. My roomie's family came by today with a van to move her stuff out. She couldn't be there herself because she works on the other side of the country. So I got about 2 hours of sleep last night because I had to move what felt like ALL my stuff to the corners of my room so her mother's boyfriend could disassemble the loft bed in my room (I never used it anyway - too rickety for my taste). I had never met any of her family before, and boy am I glad for my family now! Her teen brother was unbelievable - for the first two hours, he just sat on the sofa listening to his iPod and texting, while his mother (who is about retirement age) packed up my roomie's THOUSANDS of books (no, little Miss Never Here had not done any packing, or sorting, or throwing away of stuff beforehand. F.U.N.). I finally just told him to start carrying the boards we had already taken off down to the car - I'm still surprised he didn't blow me off like he did his mom.
Now I have a small empty room, and mine is a little emptier too. And a lot dustier *a-choo* *koff*. I really need to vacuum everything, but later. I haven't even had time to eat anything today yet.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we won an award for best podcast! we are officially peer reviewed Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeet! Big Grin

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you going to relax for the rest of the day now?

posted Hide Post
Mostly, yes. There's still the vacuuming and a big pile o' laundry to do, however.

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Ooh, congrats on the podcast award SP!

Daylight savings is kicking my butt today. So sleepy.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
A friend who's a professor at the University of Basel (about an hour away from here) has offered me two courses during this year's autumn term and another two courses during next year's spring term. I'll be able to reduce my workload at the office to 80% and teach on the additional day. Don't know anything much about the course content yet (practical courses rather than seminars on English Literature), but it should be interesting and may lead to other teaching assignments down the road. :-)

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey, that's awesome! Yay Thirith! Smile

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Phew! What a day!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post