Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see Howl's Moving Castle again.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Howl's Moving Castle would be awesome!

(I've actually never seen Totoro or Spirited Away. Don't tell).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Molly and I will join in for some Miyazaki films! We have Spirited Away, Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, and a few others Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
Howl's Moving Castle would be awesome!

(I've actually never seen Totoro or Spirited Away. Don't tell).

Don't worry Jocelyn, Howl's Moving Castle is the only one I've seen also.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
Spirited Away is my favorite Miyazaki.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Spirited Away is my favourite film. Of all films, not just Miyazaki's.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I was going to go to the dentist tomorrow, but (luckily?) stumbled across a ton of really bad Yelp reviews of the office I was planning to visit.

I've cancelled and rescheduled with a different office, but I'm still a little terrified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I wonder what it would be like to own a scooter rental place.

*Thinking, Thinking*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
It'd probably be like having a large collection of scooters that people can borrow for a period of time, in exchange for money.

Much like an aquarium run by Lutherans.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I bet it's also a lot of worrying about insurance and helmets and personal liability.

So, like a zoo run by Lutherans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
On the Studio Ghibli movie thing, I discovered an hour-long+ video on Youtube that is back-to-back piano versions of songs from Studio Ghibli films.
It is perfect for getting Molly to sleep. PERFECT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Just a quickie - Dave McKean has an exhibition in Tunbridge Wells until the end of March. It's the Retrospective one - a whole range of old and new stuff to see close up. It's brilliant. Where I should share it here?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
It's own thread in the world's end?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Yarn shop patron who is a fairly new knitter and not as experienced as her daughters want her to be requested a Katniss Cowl (I suppose I can't really call it that anymore, since the designer had to pull the pattern and re-name it) and it's not been an easy project. I don't much like bulky yarn and it involved huge needles (and that pinched nerve problem isn't helping me get this thing done any faster)

But I finished it, finally, and now I'm weaving in ends. TEDIOUS! *sigh*

And she has already said that the other daughter found out about it and wants one too. I did tell her that I just can't do it, but I don't know if she paid attention.

It's a really cool stitch, but changing from huge needles to smaller needles and then back again, ugh.

And I have no clue whether it will fit or not. I sort of fits me? But I think it's very uncomfortable.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to Aisha Tyler's "Girl on Guy" podcasts, which are very fun. She talks a lot about fan culture, though, which is something that always makes my teeth go on edge a little bit.

"Fan" just seems like a word for someone that narrows their identity to the thing they're enthusiastic about. I like "nerd" better, for some reason. Or "expert".

I am a genre fiction expert!

I am a genre fiction god of my own making!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
Otaku. For the 'fan' who puts in a bit more energy than batting eyelashes and/or screaming a name.

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
That is a good one! Otaku.

I'll stick with "God of my own Making" though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
SME. "Subject Matter Expert". I get called that a lot at work, against my will.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Like Captain Hook's sidekick?

Arrrgh!  PAN!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
for some reason Tong getting called a SME (pronounced smeeee) makes me chuckle.

corporate hell ftw.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post