Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Fighting a head ache and trying to make a costume for an anime convention tomorrow. I made some cat ears, but don't know who I am.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
<snip>
I made some cat ears, but don't know who I am.

Story of my life, Library Lady. The story of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
That's... kinda sad. I'd go with you!

Thank you sweetheart. xxx
(my mother let me take her food shopping the othe day - not quite the same but ...)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Flying out to CT on Wednesday. Going to see my baby. Smile

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flying out to CT on Wednesday. Going to see my baby. Smile

Yay!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Maeve, I miss you. I wish you would come on twitter more!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Oh, I miss you too! But twitter breaks my tiny brain.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Maeve,

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I am on twitter, but I always feel like I'm missing things.

But the romance writers I follow sometimes link to hawt pictures and feminist rants, and I enjoy both, so I guess I'll keep up with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Just popping in to say hi.

Hi!

+++

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just popping in to say hi.

Hi!

Hi!

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Eastland sandals that I bought on sale, yonks ago. I wore them every summer for at least four years. Wore them from the time it was a wee bitty too chilly to start wearing them until it was a wee bitty too chilly to stop wearing them. For four years. The leather is still good, the soles are still decent, if a bit scuffed. The cushioning inside is totally shot.

So, there's a shoe repair place over in South Williamsport that I tried to find the other day and couldn't, gave up and went to the yarn shop. People told me it really did exist, so Steve and I drove around and found it. I went there today and asked if he could replace the cushioning. He told me that the stitching was merely detail and there's no way they can be fixed. That I should just get some gel insoles and lay them on top and sort of cut it out for the toe band.

Well, I managed to cut the stitching and the foam inside is all squished and hard, but... I really think I can get an insole in there. And I have curvy leather sewing needles, from years ago when I re-stitched an old hippie leather purse. I just need some linen thread. I looked for it at Jo-Ann's today, but didn't ask anyone if it existed in the store.

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Christ's found those kinds of supplies to be rather hit or miss.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
@

<tumbleweed>

@

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
<crickets chirping>

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Smile OMG post on the board!!!

+++

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*tidies up the Board before the proposed invasion*

*bakes brownies, makes tea*

is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
*Yodels*

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow I get a two day weekend. I haven't had one of those in a while. Just not motivated to get up and go to work today.

+++

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I am all alone.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
*pokes DM*

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post