Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Cofeeeeee!
Good afternoon shift.
I wonder what today will throw at me.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
*throws water balloon at P'fins*

What, is that not what you meant?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
*snort*
Not really, but cheers me up anyway!
*throws confetti*

The day before yesterday there was an urgent contract that needed to go out.
And i've been on the job for about three days, am on my own and so on. So i struggled and fought and tried my darndest to do the best i can. On the nightshift.
Today i'll have to ask one of the PA's to see if we can't rectify some of the filing that has, no doubt, gone wrong. Possibly bribery with cookies will be involved.
And i do rather hope tonight's shift will be rather less... scary. Wink

Also there was a missed call this morning from an unlisted number. And as i'm really, really *really* hoping for a call from a source i can't disclose... Well. Nerves and jitters. Which is just silly.

*throws waterballoon*
Yup. Waterballoons are certainly better.

-------------------

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Punkyfins:

Yup. Waterballoons are certainly better.

*waterballoons Punky*
*waterballoons Punky*
*waterballoons Punky*
*waterballoons Punky*
*waterballoons Punky*
*waterballoons Punky*

hrm... still not sure...

*waterballoons Punky*

Yes... waterballoons are *waterballoons Punky* better.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
*Throws confettiballoon at FuriLily*
Whooooo!

-------------------

~You are a *Taverner*.
-Royko

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
We've got our album launch party tonight. I've been massively excited all week and now I'm utterly terrified! *wibble*

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fionchadd:
We've got our album launch party tonight. I've been massively excited all week and now I'm utterly terrified! *wibble*

*hugs* I bet it is awesome!!

BooBot and I are having a snuggly Saturday morning and wanted to send hugs to everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
eee! That's excellent news fion!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Had to work today. I don't do Sundays very often, but they go fast.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
teething, oh joy. she's getting a fang - i'm not kidding, it appears that her first tooth will be her left upper eyetooth/canine.

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green-Robot:
teething, oh joy. she's getting a fang - i'm not kidding, it appears that her first tooth will be her left upper eyetooth/canine.

Cool

Consider papa's a minotaur, a fang popping out is the least of your problems. Razz

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:
Originally posted by Green-Robot:

Cool

Consider papa's a minotaur, a fang popping out is the least of your problems. Razz

I know... Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm back at work today! Nothing exploded in my absense. I'm... astonished.

(I suspect things exploded and they just didn't copy my email, but that's close enough as far as I'm concerned).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
:: explosion hugs Joc ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
*Explosion Hugs Feelia!*

How's stuff in DC, Miss Lady?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*lurks*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
*Explosion Hugs Feelia!*

How's stuff in DC, Miss Lady?

A bit turned upside down but looking up. How have you been?

:: pokes at the lurking Mark ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*pokes back*

*ruffles Feelia's feathers*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
:: smooths feathers ::

How are ya? How goes the wedding planning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I'm good Smile Lilia is in Vienna for the next few days so I'm ruling the roost. We had a tasty Valentine's Day meal at the hotel we're having our reception at - very tasty Big Grin

Today I did two official parliament tours, which I got paid for. All going towards the wedding savings!

How's life with you?

---