Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I had the best idea! Where I work, we don't really push Christmas as we are a publicly-funded organization in a diverse community. So when we get Christmas gew gaws and such we kind of stockpile them to the side and don't use them.

Well, I have this huge pile of Christmas tree stickers just sitting there doing nothing and since Christmas is coming up (bear with me) I have a FANTASTIC idea. Who likes Christmas? Mark and Sarah! I'll put them all on their door and turn their door into a Christmas tree. Better yet, I'll cover their door with clear clingfilm first, so that the stickers don't damage their door and - YES! - we might even be able to reuse the Christmas tree covering in future. BRILLIANT!

Brilliant, right? Until I wake up and realize that Mark and Sarah do not live down the hall from me in the college dormitory, nor do any of the other boardies. In fact, I don't know all these people around the world because I went to college with them, I know them through an online message board. Oh.

Oh.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Ivan - That makes me laugh, too.

Weebs - Oh man, that sort of dream happens to me all the time! I know exactly what you mean. Waking up: "I'll just run down the hall and see the Amii!" "Oh wait, not only are they not down the hall, they haven't even lived together for years."

It leaves me kind of irritated all day, because my mental geography is SO MUCH BETTER.

Seriously, we all need to find a group retirement home on a tropical island or something. I want you all down the hall someday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I often dream that Boardies have bought a big house and we all just come and go as we please.

The last dream had Jocelyn sliding down the big slide we had instead of stairs.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Too funny, I had a boardie dream last night and it had Jocelyn and Maeve in it. And just who do I find in the shift talking about dreams?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously, we all need to find a group retirement home on a tropical island or something. I want you all down the hall someday.

I volunteer the Big Island of Hawai'i as tribute the location!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted to go to Kauai, but big island could work ...

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
13 more days 'til my appointment with the neurosurgeon.

Fuck.

Pinky and ring fingers on the left hand are pretty much constantly numb and intermittently it will feel like stabby/electric pins and needles.

*curls up in a chair*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Hawaii sounds like a great plan - any island at all would work for me. But the Big Island has the airport, which makes it easier on visitors, right?

Maeve, I'm sorry you have to wait, that sounds horribly uncomfortable. And on top of what you already have to deal with re: back pain! Sucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
Hawaii sounds like a great plan - any island at all would work for me. But the Big Island has the airport, which makes it easier on visitors, right?

All the islands have airports? O'ahu (where we live) is the island with the city - the Big Island is a more laid-back, country island with a big university campus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hawaii sounds like the best of dreams at the moment. Warm and oh heck, just warm. And probably friendly if everyone else is there.

Maeve I do hope your appointment goes well. x

I don't think I've ever dreamed about the board. Only houses with never ending hidden rooms, that you have to get to by climbing through crawl spaces high or low. Sometimes they're furnished, sometimes empty. Weird.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Motley - the other night I dreamt that we skyped with Chloris Leachman and I taught her how to knit.

Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Today, I am at work, and I must do invoices. And maybe write a purchase order.

I do not like this part of my job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
Today, I am at work, and I must do invoices. And maybe write a purchase order.

I do not like this part of my job.

TM has to do purchase orders now for his work Frown he dislikes that too...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
It would be nicer if accounting didn't keep changing the rules, and pretending we should already know about the rule changes before being told about them.

Irritating.

(To be fair, I'm sure accounting would be happy to not change any rules. They're being prodded to by Audit Committees).

Anyway, he has my undying sympathy, it's a total pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
How can I forget what I needed to do between one screen and the next? That's just sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
This seems perfectly normal to me, 'cos it happens all the time.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
hmmm... the kid's out of the house for the afternoon...

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I think there's a different that for that maeve.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
What a dirty mind you have, Smaug! Clearly, she was talking about laundry.

Smile

(Well, no. I hope not, at least!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Motley - the other night I dreamt that we skyped with Chloris Leachman and I taught her how to knit.

I had to google her. And now I can't believe I had to google her. I knew who she was by face but never knew her name. There must be so many actors out there like that.

But that sounds like a good dream.

Last night I dreamed I was shopping with my mum. And she was actually interested in me and what I was saying and doing. Which mine often isn't! We hardly EVER went shopping together either.

She still won't come with me if I ask her now.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post