Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
That's... kinda sad. I'd go with you!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
So, I just read that Ragnarok (Norse amagedden ) is tomorrow. Why haven't I heard about this sooner?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Greetings chaps!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
It's The Girl's sweet sixteen today, celebrated not with a pink princess phone or convertible but with candlepin bowling, pizza and an ice cream cake.

Some thought of seeing a couple hours of Looney Tunes at The Brattle, but haven't committed to it yet.

Dog is asleep on my lap; I should've grabbed something to eat before I sat down.

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Hope she had a happy birthday!

Ciabatta is currently in the oven, we're having BLTs tonight. Almost finished with a to-be-felted purse, but I doubt it will get felted tonight.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I love BLTs. And I love birthdays!

I'm trying to think of something positive to say here, but I have post-nasal drip, and I just want to complain about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the other duncan:
It's The Girl's sweet sixteen today, celebrated not with a pink princess phone or convertible but with candlepin bowling, pizza and an ice cream cake.

Hey, The Girl's birthday is February 23rd? What an auspicious day! Big Grin

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or did February seem really short this year?

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Not to me, but then I've been waiting for doctor's appointments and putting up with pain, so, it's probably seemed a lot longer to me.

I started the garden though! I have three mini greenhouse thingys with tomatoes and peppers. The seeds are all fuzzy and have tails, but no green shoots yet.

I love growing plants. Smile

enlightened website user
posted Hide Post
I haven't done plants seriously for a while; there really isn't any place outside to put 'em

I did get in some skiing yesterday, for the first time in years: pricey, but fun.

Birthday was fun, despite woefully rusty candle pin skills.

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It looks so nice and warm and inviting out there - cheery sunshine and blue sky. It seems like it'd be nice to take a stroll down the road and fetch the mail.

It's 19F out there. Hardly cheery and warm.

Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I should try skiing again. It's just like falling down a mountain in slo-mo, I can fall down things! But the price barrier is pretty high.

Chris and I are looking forward to next fall, when we plan to install raised planter beds and grow some stuff. But there's a whole lot of renovation going on before that happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Skiing always seemed a really good way to break my legs.

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Skiing always seemed a really good way to break my legs.

Or dislocated my knee. And it hurts when that happens! I'll stick to swimming thank you.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I made small, but marked, progress on a work project today. I finished a hell section, and went through a few easy sections, and then stumbled onto another hell section. Booo! But not as hellish as the first hell section. And I fixed an online problem before anyone had a chance to complain.

Now I'm going to try to get rid of another box of stuff, and then I'm going home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

enlightened website user
posted Hide Post
Got the official #s for my evaluation yesterday: a few more $ in my paycheck, starting end of next month, and a bonus effective tomorrow (yay!). Alas, tomorrow I also send out several hundred each to the Fed and State for taxes (feh.)

Saturday evening is our friend's St. Patrick's dinner, with corned beef & cabbage, black & tans, Irish coffee and good friends. On actual St. Pat's we're meeting other, more long-lost friends for dinner (Italian, go figure) downtown.

Social, social, must be Spring! (Single-digit windchill at the moment belies that suggestion.)

(not his real name)

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
It is March 14th. Happy pi day.

+++

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I am on day 9 of working 11 in a row. For some reason I feel tired.

+++

posted Hide Post
Ces répliques utilisent également le mouvement ETA, et chaque partie du mouvement est faite en Suisse, ils sont assemblés dans tout un mouvement en Asie. Donc, ils sont appelés " [URL=http://www.pinterest.com/repliquesmontre ]http://www.pinterest.com/repliquesmontre [/URL] replique montre asiatiques".

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I miss this place.

*hugs board*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post