Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Calling all London folk!!!!
Does anyone have a place for me to crash for the night of Friday April 27th?
I'm flying back to Berlin from London City Airport on Saturday morning, and there are no trains from West Runton that early on a Saturday... Pweeeeeeeeese? *bats lashes*

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
I am at a conference during the day in Kent and I'm not sure of how comfortable our new futon is, but you are welcome to it!

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I just realized my mother and my sixth grade gym instructor are friends on facebook. They haven't seen each other in at least 20 years. Heck, I'm not even friends with my sixth grade gym instructor.

I'm a little scared.

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
I just realized my mother and my sixth grade gym instructor are friends on facebook. They haven't seen each other in at least 20 years. Heck, I'm not even friends with my sixth grade gym instructor.

I'm a little scared.

I have been actively cultivating my parents fear of the Internet, technology, and social networks for a decade now precisely in order to avoid this scenario.

It has largely worked.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
A wise man once advised me to turn off my mother's electricity to take away her internet access.

I should have listened.

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dread Captain Psyko:
Will you settle for a slightly stale old brain that has been sitting on the shelf for a while?

Well, not for full price. I'd need at least a 50% off discount or something.

Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
quote:
Originally posted by Dread Captain Psyko:
Will you settle for a slightly stale old brain that has been sitting on the shelf for a while?

Well, not for full price. I'd need at least a 50% off discount or something.

25% and not a penny less.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
Getting phone calls from an ex-girlfriend at 11:30 PM are not good at helping me go to sleep afterwards.

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I meant to go shopping for new t-shirts yesterday, but I made the mistake of stopping at the yarn shop first. Oh well, I had far more fun there and I hate shopping for clothes anyway. I was useful too, I helped three people! I did have to fondle eye-searingly red Red Heart Supersaver yarn, so I've done my good deed for the week. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
It is too early to be awake. Why am I awake?

Oh yes. That work stuff.

There is not enough coffee in the world today.

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I am reveling in a GOOD night's sleep! Sometime in the night, Miss Minibot's mouth stopped hurting and her nose stopped dripping so we ALL got a better sleep!
Three cheers for that!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
*high-5s Green-robot*
Little Mate just slept through for the first time so I'm right with you there.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Whole New World!!! Big Grin
It is AMAZING what a little extra sleep can do for a family!!

Enjoy!!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's my Dad's birthday today. I texted him in the morning. Do I really have to call him as well? I'm just so... exhausted. And I know he's gonna ask uncomfortable questions I don't really wanna deal with right now. *squirm*

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
I'm flying back to Berlin from London City Airport on Saturday morning, and there are no trains from West Runton that early on a Saturday... Pweeeeeeeeese? *bats lashes*

You are welcome to kidlet's room - kidlet is currently in with me, as a bit sniffly. Usual caveats about stepping on lego first thing in the morning apply! Kidlet's bed is a double mattress on the floor, although I may be getting an actual bed frame for him in a couple of weeks.

ETA: the others, being East London, are closer to the City Airport if it's a very early flight you have. (I've always wanted to fly from there - I may quiz you about flights at some point.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sorry, I'm in Kent. And I'd offer Frog's bed but you'd be sharing a room with our 14 year old - and I'm not sure how keen she would be! I hope you find somewhere - If you're really stuck you can have our sofa!

I need to go to bed. But Danny de Vito is on Jonathan Ross soon. Oh dear - and the clocks go forward tonight in the sunny UK.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I have been on my home computer now about three hours. And I was a good girl, I typed up my letters and updated my quilting guilds website before checking out the board.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
quote:

You are welcome to kidlet's room - kidlet is currently in with me, as a bit sniffly. Usual caveats about stepping on lego first thing in the morning apply! Kidlet's bed is a double mattress on the floor, although I may be getting an actual bed frame for him in a couple of weeks.

ETA: the others, being East London, are closer to the City Airport if it's a very early flight you have. (I've always wanted to fly from there - I may quiz you about flights at some point.)

Thanks, Hive and Liz - Liliharas already beat you all to it on Facebook. Smile Their place has the added advantage that I know *exactly* where it is and how to get there.
But there's still over a month to go (27th of APRIL, not March), so who knows - something might happen and I may have to fall back on your offer!
I'll be at my Mum's new place in West Runton 16th-27th April, so I might even swing by London earlier than that. Unless you feel like a little trip to the lovely North Norfolk coast? Mum always loves and welcomes visitors.

now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
BWA HAHAHA she's ours! nanana na and other taunts.

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
Headed to Charlotte, NC for a week in a week.

What is there to do/eat in Charlotte?