Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
If you go into the bookmark manager (click on the wrench to the right of the address bar) then you can add/remove as many organizational folders as you want.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Firefox was wiggy for me yesterday and it's been annoying me a lot lately. Perhaps I should switch to chrome.

ETA: huh. When I watch The Daily Show on Firefox it censors the language. Chrome doesn't do that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Maeve,

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I am still contemplating house renovations. I had it in mind to just re-do the kitchen, but keep it as it is - a long galley. Well, we have a square-ish dining room area next to a large living room area and I was looking at it this morning and thought, 'What if I had the kitchen in the dining room area?' Which led to discussions with Pappy and to placement problems. Well, then I also thought, 'Why does the living room have to be this big?' Which led to a possible resolution of those problems.

To sum up: We think it'll work. Smile And be able to work on the new kitchen while still using the old one, by and large.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
Hay you know what I found out is even worse than lurking in other peoples' flame-wars? DE-lurking in other peoples' flame wars!

That is, I made an attempt to explain the situation without taking sides, on one of the linking blogs. It went okay. Then I made an attempt to defend the concept of trigger warnings, while being understanding that people who are already pissed off themselves might not be receptive to people asking them to modify their language. Then I said OK I'm going to leave now and then possibly something about vomiting up my entire intestinal tract and drowning myself in it.

Then someone on that blog was like, Hey you don't have to leave, and you don't have to defend those people because they're obviously indefensible, and I was like, No, I like them and I think they're defensible, they're my friends and I'm The Wrong Kind Of Atheist and also I'm crazy you don't want me here anyway, and didn't go back since.

I delurked at Slacktiverse after the first post just to warn them of potential incoming, then after I declared my allegiance and mental illness at Wheels and Butterflies and stuck the flounce, and they gave me internet pies and told me to feel better at Slacktiverse but i am still flipping out because of all the people Wrong On The Internet. Also because I don't have anything better to flip out about on account of spending all my time hiding in my apartment rather than interacting with reality.

And it's worse, because I kind of understand why they're pissed, I was pissed at the same thing, and the original author did get called on it, people on the forum vigorously disagreed and argued and clarified around each other, and I kept thinking, "OK, if everyone just understood we wouldn't actually have to fight," but that's the old lie, isn't it? People will fight if they damn well want to.

Anyway, arrgh.

*curls up in an even tighter ball next to the fire*

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Oh Vegamite. On the Internets calling some one an asshat is just as much of a win as if you logicially proved them wrong. Everything's a popularity contest.

Now if you can rationally argue with someone down AND trololo them at the same time, you have a chance of 'winning', but there really is no winning in a Flame War. Just participants and spectators.

*hugs*

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
:/ true dat. Someday maybe I'll learn.

... probably not, though.

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Oh me, oh my! I'm getting lots of tour guide bookings, many from highly distinguished people! Eep!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it really morning already? Frown

Posts: 499 | Registered: March 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
I am in Manchester. I have to give a talk. Meep.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by general punk, MA:
I am in Manchester. I have to give a talk. Meep.

Imagine them all naked? Or will that make things worse? Smile

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I'm going to that discussion. I'm telling everyone in the audience to imagine sillypunk naked. Big Grin

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's been ... quite the two weeks and i *still* don't know where i am.
I should probably go to the municipality already but can't seem to summon the ... whatchamacallit.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
I'm going to that discussion. I'm telling everyone in the audience to imagine sillypunk naked. Big Grin

They're not going to have to imagine it.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Today I accidentally discovered that lemon curd actually makes rather nice caramel if you burn it. It also sticks to your fingers like a biatch, as they say.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
It also sticks to your fingers like a biatch, as they say.

*tries to think of the origins of that colloquialism*

*shudders*

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I just read an article that according to a new survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press that finds Rick Santorum is in a statistical tie with Mitt Romney in the race for the White House.

So in terms of an analogy, because everything to me is an analogy, It boils down to this.

The democrats are the kid at the end of the corner that wants to beat me up and steal my lunch money.

The republicans are the child molester on the corner that wants to abduct me so I am never seen again.

If the republicans go with Santorum they will make decision ever so easy.

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Let's put it this way - I'd rather have Bachmann or Newt as President instead of Santorum.

Yeah. He's that awful.

Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I have a question! I would post it in the "Questions that need answering" thread, but, uh, the problem is that my question is: do we still have a "Questions that need answering" thread somewhere?

I think I've looked everywhere already. And the recursion is making me feel a bit wobbly.

ETA: Nevermind. Found it!

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Tismalleen- your post is funny when read with your sig. "Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Lately I've had a messed up sleep cycle, either I can't sleep or that's all I do, currently I seem to be stuck in all sleep, all the time mode. For the past few days the alarm has woken me during weirdly jumbled dreams.

I could cheerfully go back to bed this morning, 'cos I'm still tired, but I have a haircut appointment later, so I gotta stay awake.