Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shift 100% pure conversation, nothing but the finest
 Login/Join

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Just realized that I forgot to start the crockpot before I left the house again. Oh well, we may just have to make broiled flank steak tonight, instead. That's no problem, really.

And it's holiday lunch today at work! Mmmmm, free lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I got a little tipsy at that holiday party.

And yet again, I forgot to start the crockpot this morning.

Maybe I'll just make spaghetti tonight. Or bake something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Anyone around?

Helloooooo

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'm around, but I don't have much to say.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm here! What's up?

I'm having problems printing to PDF - my life is so exciting.

I loaded the dishwasher this morning! That's... almost exciting? No it's not.

Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It's finally warm in the house and I've decided that I will go to the yarn shop.

Which means I have to go sweep the snow off the car.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
That seems like the opposite of what I would do. I would stay home and have tea in my nice, warm house.

Yarn shop is always fun, though. Maybe you can stop and get more tea while you're out, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Nowhere around here has tea I like! If they do carry British teas it's always a breakfast blend type and those are OK, but a while back I finally tracked down the taste I liked - it's Assam. And so I order tea online.

Tuesday night is our Knit Night and lots of people go down. I like it because it's mostly women, the yarn is very colourful, the lighting is really good and usually somebody has a problem or a tangle or I can show them a new technique. It makes me feel useful and I like feeling like that. Smile

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I'm in recovery mode after being horribly sick (stomach bug, TM had it too) all yesterday. Ugh.

Perhaps I shall have a cup of tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Next week, I get to be a stay-at-home Mom!

I'm kind of terrified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
You should spend most of your time taking videos of your darling child and posting them to entertain us. Also pictures of your cats.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I've had some good days: Yesterday was a really good hair day, it was all tousled and sexy. I got a compliment on one of my knitted things, which always makes me happy. Today I got really good mail, something I've been waiting for for a while. Tomorrow Dev has a few surprises in his stocking. Day after a group of us are invading the Indian restaurant and Trader Joe's in State College, it's Yarn Shop Lady's birthday and last Saturday she said she really wanted to go on her birthday and lots of people are free, so we're going for the lunch buffet.

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
We're going camping! Two nights, by the ocean, it's going to be awesome. I haven't been camping in AGES and Molly's never been Smile everything is pretty much packed and ready, just waiting for it to be time to go!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Day after a group of us are invading the Indian restaurant and Trader Joe's in State College

State College now has a Trader Joe's? Man, things have really expanded since I last visited. (And Yay for sexy hair and compliments on knitted things!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's a bunch of strip mall sections up Atherton Street. I love Trader Joe's and really wish we had one here. As well as an Indian restaurant! It was so nom and I want more!

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Where is the drunken thread?

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Just finished up my list for the movie club we're starting at work and now I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in reviving the WE film club?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Reviving the film club sounds like a fun idea, but realistically I'm pretty unlikely to make the time to watch anything that doesn't have cartoons right now. I'll sneak in anything steaming on Prime if I can, but I'd feel bad committing to it and then not participating.

I think I'm coming down with a cold, and that may be the cold talking, so take it for what it's worth. Smile

I'd totally lurk and read what you guys think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Them maybe we should do spirited away.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Or totoro.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post