Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Another request for good vibes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another request for good vibes
 Login/Join

Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted
I thought we had a general good vibes, thoughts, prayers etc... but, I could not find it.

My father is having surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear. He is in his 70s. He is a good candidate and I don't expect any complications, but any kind of surgery can be a little scary.

I just wanted to request a bit of your fabled vibes, thoughts and/or prayers.

Thanks Smile

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
He'll be fine, Lan.

*vibes*

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I'm sending vibes his way!

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
*Healthy Recovery Vibes* to Lan's Dad!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
~~vibes~~

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
Lan, keep up the faith! He'll look back on this surgery and the worst thing he'll remember about it will be the hospital food.

{{{vibes}}}

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Vibages!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*vibes*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
Good news is that shoulder operations are very low risk, but I get it.

Good vibes.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
*healing vibes*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
*more vibes*

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
Sending! Good luck to him!

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
{{{vibes}}}

And he's in a great position, having you to look out for him.

(And a quick *hug* for you, too.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Good luck to him and your family, and vibes to him.

The surgery will probably go fine, but even if it does he might grow to hate the rehab. If anything he might need more support then.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
~~~vibes~~~ for Lan sr.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
:: Vibes ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
(((vibes)))

It'll be good, and he will be amazed at how much better his shoulder will feel.

Although Spawn tells me I was -not- a pleasant person in recovery, so watch out for that Razz

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
~~~Healing vibes~~~

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
Big thanks to all of you!

Things went well. Now it is just a matter of recovery. It will be 4 to 6 month process all in all. Pain wise he is doing better than I expected. He has a recirculating ice water pump that helps keep his shoulder more comfortable. I change the ice in that through the night and help him with his medication. The worst thing... No WIFI. I am at a Panara right now, taking a shirt break.

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
Glad it's gone well so far!

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post