Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    2012 post card circle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 post card circle
 Login/Join

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert!!!! I got part five. Click back a page for part one from Ceridwen.

quote:
… accidently launching myself off the cliff’s edge, I successfully thwarted the yeti, snow wolves, and pirhanes, only to become a big splat in the forest underbrush… or would I? I paused the game and put in the cheat code for flight and flew away to the closet save point/brothel. The end

I believe Art Guy has part four. Thanks Furi!

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for being away from the board so long- I promise, I am still sending cards, and thank you all for the postcards and birth announcements- those were really lovely to get.

And Ceridwen- I'll post that tomorrow, I just got the card, but right now it's late and I'm too ridiculously tired to move and go downstairs

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
Awww... did my daddy confooz all the wittle Boardies?

I'll express your concern to him. Razz

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Part 4 is safely at the Artguy Hacienda if anyone needs to compare notes.
Big Grin

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I got one, too! How are these ordered, btw? By who you thought would check their mail first? :-D

quote:
...drown or get eaten by snow wolves? I chose my fate and prepped to go over the falls, when I realized that the wolves were really MUTANT snow wolves and were quickly building their own rafts to follow me over the water falls and I guess eat what ever remained. I braced myself for the doom and went over the edge. To my surprise I landed in giant mountains of soft-serve ice cream and the wolves were more interested in that than me... of course the yeti watching me ruin his dessert did not approve... (to see parts 2 and 4, you have to bug Magpie and ArtGuy Chuck - HaHa! Smile

Sneaksy bastid. Furious, this is awesome. My card seems to have either trees covered in absurd amounts of frozen and blown snow, or trees covered in soft-serve ice cream on it, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I had a similar idea, but never got around to doing it! It's an awesome idea too Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
I got one, too! How are these ordered, btw? By who you thought would check their mail first? :-D

I had to catch up on my post cards plus give liberry laddy a new post card for her new address, so that tells you nothing.Razz

I... um... just did it?

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
Right, my part-
"...the piranhas kept snapping at me and I knew one drop of blood in the water would be the end of me, so as a last-ditch effort, I yodeled the secret yodel of the snow wolves. Howwwwwwwwl! It worked. Piranhas hate wolves. The only problem now was that I was surrounded by wolves on the shoreline and the great waterfall of Pennsyltucky was fast approaching..."

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
This story is AWESOME!

Wonder how it ends. Razz

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I wonder. Is a bit coming my way Furi? Is it? *waits by letterbox*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
what we have so far:

I was lost in the woods with only a can of tunafish and a pack of dental floss. It was getting cold out and I knew the bears would be hungry tonight. So I quickly made a raft from poison ivy, the can of tuna and the dental floss and sailed downriver. While this saved me from the bears, the pirhana were looking at me hungrilly [sic]...

...the piranhas kept snapping at me and I knew one drop of blood in the water would be the end of me, so as a last-ditch effort, I yodeled the secret yodel of the snow wolves. Howwwwwwwwl! It worked. Piranhas hate wolves. The only problem now was that I was surrounded by wolves on the shoreline and the great waterfall of Pennsyltucky was fast approaching...

...drown or get eaten by snow wolves? I chose my fate and prepped to go over the falls, when I realized that the wolves were really MUTANT snow wolves and were quickly building their own rafts to follow me over the waterfalls and I guess eat whatever remained. I braced myself for the doom and went over the edge. To my surprise I landed in giant mountains of soft-serve ice cream and the wolves were more interested in that than me... of course the yeti watching me ruin his dessert did not approve...

[need part four]

… accidently launching myself off the cliff’s edge, I successfully thwarted the yeti, snow wolves, and pirhanes, only to become a big splat in the forest underbrush… or would I? I paused the game and put in the cheat code for flight and flew away to the closet save point/brothel. The end

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
I wonder. Is a bit coming my way Furi? Is it? *waits by letterbox*

Hehe gotta wait til Octember Razz

I had to catch up. One doesn't break the post card circle, or ELSE. Eek

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

*gulp.
Did I say 'NEXT week?' -I actually meant THIS week coming up. (I don't want any, 'ELSE' .)

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
How exciting! I don't think I've ever been so excited waiting for Octember before Smile

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artguy C.:
quote:

*gulp.
Did I say 'NEXT week?' -I actually meant THIS week coming up. (I don't want any, 'ELSE' .)

^^ *koffEPISODE4PLEASEkoffkoff*

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
How exciting! I don't think I've ever been so excited waiting for Octember before Smile

You may end up getting Episode 6 of 5.

It may involve skin tags.

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Artguy C.:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Furious:

^^ *koffEPISODE4PLEASEkoffkoff*

Wait, do I need to share my episode with the Board somehow, or am I being referred-to by my episode #? I am confus-Ed.

Is the answer standing behind me? It is isn't it. Sigh....

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
October friendly reminder Smile

+++

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Shjt. There must be a time thief in my head.
Not sure that I have ever gotten THIS far behind.
Sorry folks, I suck.
Back soon w/ ep.4 and with stamps for the rest!

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
We love you Chuck.

+++