Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Car Talk about Cars
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Talk about Cars
 Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted
My dream car for the next five minutes:

downloadable window sticker

You could make TRON-like turns in this thing! Big Grin

anyone who has $40,000 + expenses to donate, please contact the Furi Needs A Cool Car Fund IMMEDIATELY

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Two minuses to the blooberry MINI:

1) Not so sure I like that gas cap. Does it lock and open from inside the car?

2) No All-Wheel Drive. Frown

Edit: http://www.miniusa.com if you want to customize your own clown car. Razz

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
So about cars. Our 2008 GTI is going into the shop friday for regular maintenance and to have the transmission looked at. It's started lurching when accelerating from a stop- apparently there is a gadget called the mechatronic that has a tendency to go bad. On a car less than a year old.

Now the question is if VW Germany will honor the warranty from VW USA. We shall see Roll Eyes

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I think I remember having to push a button inside the car to pop open the gas cap on the mini- I don't remember there being a lock, but you can get an after market locking one without much trouble.

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
it's not a mini - it's a bigi! it's as big as my focus i'm sure.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
*nods* it's about the same size. The only real mini cars out there are the Smart Four Two cars.

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I tried Googling 'mechatronic' and perhaps the doohickey is a computer chip/unit that controls steering, acceleration, shifting, etc.

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:

You have to remember, me standing next to any car of this size bracket makes it a 'mini'.

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:

You have to remember, me standing next to any car of this size bracket makes it a 'mini'.

hahahaha!

there is that.

it's still too big to be called a mini - cheats!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Cars you would choose

1) for free (or what you're driving right now)
2) for $5000 / £3000
3) for $15000 / £9000
4) for $30000 / £18000
5) for $60000 / £36000
6) Unlimited funds! Woo-hoo!

I need to think about this myself...

here
Picture of Hooligan
posted Hide Post
Had a mini for a month as a rental car when we first got to Germany. Gotta say, I'm not a real fan. Bunch of small things drove me up the wall. For example, the seat adjustment lever was placed just so that my trouser leg caught on it every time I got out of the car.

The mechatronic on the GTI controls the transmission. Been some problems with this thing in VWs and Audis equipped with the DSG transmission, but it's still up in the air if it was just a bad batch or a more systemic problem.

My current dream car (to be) is the VW R20. Imagine a GTI with all wheel drive, 270 horsepower, 0-60 in about 5 seconds, and a top speed of 155. Not in production yet, and VW hasn't confirmed that it will be, but there are vids of testing at Nurnburgring...

Posts: 3024 | Location: Uncle Sam's worst summer camp | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Penn Jillette (who is 6ft, 7in tall) loves his Mini Coopers. He like it so much he bought another one, exactly like the first (which he had painted 'Stripper Inner Labia Pink') Apparently it's one of the few cars out there that he can actually fit in easily/comfortably.

*chucks a nickel into Furi's Fund*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
Cars you would choose

1) for free (or what you're driving right now)
2) for $5000 / £3000
3) for $15000 / £9000
4) for $30000 / £18000
5) for $60000 / £36000
6) Unlimited funds! Woo-hoo!

I need to think about this myself...

oh...erm

1) ford focus
2) newer ford focus
3-5) somewhere around here would be a choice of : subaru...impretza/legacy/forester and/or a lexus.
6) batmobile, otherwise known as a Bugatti Veyron

~

CHIKKINZ?

here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Penn Jillette (who is 6ft, 7in tall) loves his Mini Coopers. He like it so much he bought another one, exactly like the first (which he had painted 'Stripper Inner Labia Pink') Apparently it's one of the few cars out there that he can actually fit in easily/comfortably.

*chucks a nickel into Furi's Fund*

The VW New Beetle is one of the best cars for very tall people. The rounded roof makes for ample head room for people over 6-feet.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
But VW's customer satisfaction has taken a dump this decade.

And Mini's have BMW-style upkeep costs.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
1) 2002 Saturn SC-2. With a Decepticon logo.
2) For $5000, I'd probably get a scooter or used motorcycle. I wouldn't really want any car attainable at this price.
3)
4) Mazda 8
5) BMW 535 all-wheel drive, maybe. Did Audi stop making AWD sedans?
6) Tesla Motors Roadster

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
1) The world is my...
2) I'll still stick with this, thanks.
3) Smart micro-hybrid
4) 1969 Pontiac GTO
5) 1969 Bristol 411 Series 1
6) 1957 Bristol Bolide

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
1) Nothing, or BeeZee's Subaboo Forester
2) a 1993 Nissan 240SX
3) a 2004 Mazda RX-8 with a turbocharger
4) a 2007 Subaru WRX Sti... maybe without the cop-attracting tail on the back
5) a 2009 Infiniti M45x, or the booberry Mini Cooper, or the 2011 Mazda RX-7 if I could wait that long
6) a 2009 Audi R8 coupe quattro

here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
Chevy is selling Bumblebee.

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 男の子™:
Chevy is selling Bumblebee.

Hrm. Selling a $35k+ car with badging marketed for tweeners. I can see people going crazy for the 2008 Bullitt Mustang or the Harley-Davidson Ford F-150, but I don't know about this.

Does a Megan Fox blow-up doll come with it?