Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Car Talk about Cars
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Talk about Cars
 Login/Join

here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
I have a Decepticon logo on my car. What are you trying to say?

What I don't have is Transformers logos embroidered on the upholstery. That's a new level of commitment to the brand. (Not to mention, my friend Andy's Decepticon logo on his left shoulder).

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
If it were a VW Bug, I'd be all over that.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 男の子™:

What I don't have is Transformers logos embroidered on the upholstery. That's a new level of commitment to the brand. (Not to mention, my friend Andy's Decepticon logo on his left shoulder).

What am saying is that you're weird that the core Transformers brand market group is unlikely to pony up $900/mo. for the Camaro and the retro sports car enthusiast market group won't be willing to pay $1000 extra for Autobot upholstery. See what I mean? I can see die hard Steve McQueen/Mustang fans buying the Bullitt car and Harley-Davidson/Ford fans buying the truck because those groups have proven willing to fork over tons of money for special badging and mods.

I think if The Transformer package had more than just Autobot logos (like special tires/exclusive audio-visual package/ body kit/ performance mods) they'd have something, but if I wanted a Bumblebee car I'd buy the regular yellow Camaro and stick an Autobot emblem on it.

It's like why VW never made a Limited Edition #53 Herbie Beetle - not enough people willing to buy.

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
The Black Beauty

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'm still kinda boggling about Seth Rogen being an action/comics hero dude. (I will freely admit that I know nothing of the Green Hornet, so maybe this really is a good choice)

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
failed to read the expository information *croak*
Picture of Froggy
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) 2002 Saturn SC-2. With a Decepticon logo.

You are awesome.
Also, I want that Bumblebee car.
Although, it might be cheaper/easier to buy a lookalike and paint the stripes on...

"Sir, I think you've gone mad with power."
"Of course I have. Have you ever gone mad without power? It's boring, nobody listens to you!"
DA

Posts: 401 | Registered: May 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no idea what anything costs. I was given one of these.

But always wanted one of these.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Froggy:
quote:
1) 2002 Saturn SC-2. With a Decepticon logo.

You are awesome.
Also, I want that Bumblebee car.
Although, it might be cheaper/easier to buy a lookalike and paint the stripes on...

The SC-series has a little triangular piece of glass behind the driver's side suicide door that just screams out "Decorate me!"

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:

Jag E type! Hail Sister!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24395 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 男の子™:

Oh, up 'til recently, I owned a black baseball cap with the Decepticon logo and some really nice Takara metal Transformers, so I do like the franchise, but not for $35 grand. Razz

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
quote:

Jag E type! Hail Sister!

Oh God. Jaguar. Any Jaguar. *lusts*
In dark green or dark blue, with a cream coloured upholstery.
If Jaguars didn't spend most of their time in the garage in need of fixing and ultra-expensive parts, I might try to save up for one. They're the most beautiful cars in the world. I've never seen an ugly Jaguar.

Speaking of which, the ugliest (contemporary) car in the world is surely the Fiat Multipla. It actually looks like it has obese neck folds. I still want to meet the guy who told Fiat, "I have this great idea for a brand new design". Aren't Italian cars supposed to be especially designy?

As for more reasonable cars...hm, I'm quite in love with the Mini too, Furious. But last time I tried to drive one it kind of bolted away with me. It's got too much temprament for my driving style. Big Grin

And thirdly, an Audi TT Cabrio (ok, maybe an A3 cabrio, as I'm not a racer). Again, if it made sense to buy one (if I could use it more often than 30 days a year. Razz) I might try saving up for one. Audis are a perfect mix of German technology and design. Not as aggressive as a BMW, not as luxurious as a Mercedes. They're beautiful. Smile

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Noodle Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
quote:

Jag E type! Hail Sister!

Oh God. Jaguar. Any Jaguar. *lusts*
In dark green or dark blue, with a cream coloured upholstery.
If Jaguars didn't spend most of their time in the garage in need of fixing and ultra-expensive parts, I might try to save up for one. They're the most beautiful cars in the world. I've never seen an ugly Jaguar.

you need to watch this weeks topgear - there were nice Jags and funny piss-takes of jag owners.

[lesley phillips voice]
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
[/lesley phillips voice]

and there was a jag that had an ugly mouth, the rest was nice but it's grill was ugly.

quote:
Speaking of which, the ugliest (contemporary) car in the world is surely the Fiat Multipla. It actually looks like it has obese neck folds. I still want to meet the guy who told Fiat, "I have this great idea for a brand new design". Aren't Italian cars supposed to be especially designy?

FROG CAR! it's the rules when you pass them you have to yell FROG CAR, especially if it's in green - they you can ribbit too.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Woot! Is it like Punchbuggy, where you get to punch the other person, too?

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ex-Bay City Roller
Picture of $crooge Merlin mac $norri McDuck
posted Hide Post
I am an Alfisti, an enthusiast of Alfa Romeo cars. There is just something about these cars that means I can't imagine driving anything else. The alure of the circular badge, the Cross of Milan on one half and the Visconti dragon on the other, is just irresistable.

I won't deny that they had some problems in the seventies (but so did every other car maker), but that long since behind them My latest object of affection is the Brera coupe.

Alfa BreraS AlfaBreraS

I want one. I want one with a V6 engine in Alfa red. And I want it NOW!

------------------------------------------

The fox: "One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"

Go 49ers! Blues is Blood! Mr Elizabethanne

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone which no man gives up but with life itself.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Kingdom of Alba | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is Italian design. Smile
Very bootiful.

__

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
The first car I drove was this piece of crap. I hated my parents for having no taste whatsoever.

The Wayne's World movie didn't help matters either.

here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
The first car I drove was this piece of crap. I hated my parents for having no taste whatsoever.

The Wayne's World movie didn't help matters either.

One of my favorite stories about that was the guy who was tasked to build the stretch limo in the second movie was trolling junkyards looking for Pacers to modify and the guy at the junkyard was talking up a POS: "You should hang onto this. It'll be worth something. I hear they're making a sequel to Wayne's World."

Guy, trying to to laugh responds with, "Huh. Really?"

Your link 403s, by the way.

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Hrm... works for me but maybe the pic is still in Firefox's cache. *shrugs* I hate that car so much that I don't want to store it on my own web space. Big Grin

Anyhoo, the pic is of a late 70's AMC Pacer, the perfect car to let your kids use if you don't want them to breed.

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
My dream car for the next five minutes:

downloadable window sticker

Could you even fit in that? Or would you be driving from the backseat?

You could make TRON-like turns in this thing! Big Grin

anyone who has $40,000 + expenses to donate, please contact the Furi Needs A Cool Car Fund IMMEDIATELY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12393 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post