Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

poetic devices
 Login/Join

posted
does anyone know any poetic devices from the book coraline? i need two examples of metaphor and simile, one example of personification, onomatopoeia, and hyperbole

thanks

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dollgirl
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should do your homework yourself. (: It can't be that hard.

Posts: 8 | Location: Under Your Bed | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if i could do itmyself then i wouldnt have posted it up here for some help

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
But it really seems like you're asking us to do it for you, not asking for help doing it.

It's been a few days since you first posted, surely you could have read a few chapters by now?

(and I can only assume that you're not familiar with message boards, but posting the same question in several threads isn't good board etiquette)

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephhhhh:
is "she closed her eyes and wished that the earth would swallow her up" personification?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dollgirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephhhhh:
if i could do itmyself then i wouldnt have posted it up here for some help

Honestly, that is not a hard homework assignment. If you can't do it yourself, you should be asking your teacher for help, not a message board. If you don't want to ask your teacher, ask a parent or a friend. They are not hard concepts to pick up.

Good luck.

Posts: 8 | Location: Under Your Bed | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post