Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Coraline    The movie, rat song missing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The movie, rat song missing
 Login/Join

posted
Am I the only one missing the rat song? I thought it was a huge mood setter in the book and I really really missed it in the movie. Such a shame.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scyfer
posted Hide Post
Yea I noticed too, but I can't think of any part where they could have fit that in.

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I always felt that when people nit pick about what was left out and what was left in or what was changed from the book that I always tell them or just think that there is the book and the movie. They are two separate entities encompassing the same material just in a different fashion. You will always have the book and the story it contains and you now have the film which is essentially a way to tell the same story differently.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Lost Singer of ABBA
Picture of moni
posted Hide Post
You're right GameWiz

but i find that for me the only way not to nit-pick is to first watch the movie and then read the book.

that way i simply get to discover more about the story and don't get disappointed if something gets left out

Posts: 633 | Location: my sofa, austria | Registered: December 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that there didn't seem to be a place to fit it in, but I did miss it. I wouldn't say it detracts from my enjoyment of the movie though. If I want to hear the rats sing I'll simply put on the audio book. Wink

"Commit a sin twice and it will not seem a crime." -- Rabbinical saying

Posts: 11 | Location: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: August 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post