New
Find
Notify
Tools

DVD/Bluray
 Login/Join

Picture of Croaker
posted
I bought the Bluray of Coraline yesterday and watched it last night.

The picture looks great!

The 3-D function is ok - they used a red and green lens to enable the 3D. This means that the colour isn't great. The 3d itself works well, and, the larger your tv the better the effect will be.
(my head did hurt after watching it for a while, so we watched the 2D verison).

I haven't had a chance to watch the extra features yet.

---------------------
Good Dreams don't come cheap, you have to pay for them.

Posts: 1404 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it works better on bigger TVs, maybe I'll check out the 3D version on my grandma's TV. But then again, one thing I like about the movie is the beautiful colors...

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They still use red&green lenses for 3D? Confused

I just saw the movie today in 3D and the lenses in my glasses are greyish black.

But maybe a theatre film is different.

How would 3D work on dvd anyway? Wouldn't you have to have a completely seperate video track, seeing as the vision would be different?

Posts: 10 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
It was the same for me -- the grayish glasses at the movie theatre, but the red/green glasses in the dvd packaging. I'm guessing that the grayish ones were too expensive for the dvd packaging?

Fortunately I kept my 3D glasses from the movie Razz

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Booknutt
posted Hide Post
The glasses at the theater are a different tech than you can get at home on TVs currently on the market. There's some TVs out there that can do the type of 3D you now see in theater but they're very expensive.

Anyone now what the Target Exclusive edition of the DVD had on it that was different than the standard DVD or Blu-ray?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves"
— Garth Stein (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

Posts: 185 | Location: Somewhere in the Southeastern US. | Registered: June 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
i have yet to find a BLU-Ray copy that has the 3D option on it

DAMN YOU CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thecheckeredman
posted Hide Post
This film scares the heck out of my fiance'.

This is a delightful treat of a film and perfect for the chilly Michigan October around the corner!

Hot spiced cider and a bowl of popcorn with cinnimon and a "spooky" movie film fest including CORALINE...wonderful...

Please check out my comic strip TALES OF A CHECKERED MAN at www.thecheckeredman.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I just ordered and received the Blueray/DVD combo with the 3D option and glasses. I tried watching it with 3D but I got about half-way through it and then my eyes started going buggy so I switched to 2D and finished it that way.

The 3D works fine if you get over the fact you wear cardboard blue/red lens glasses and the picture looks a little odd when watching on a non-HD TV to view this film on.

But thankfully my love for this story and film trumps any silly effect added to it and thankfully you can switch the 3D off if you want to.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Bluray version at long last.

It was nice to see all the added extras that format brings to the movie.

I'm a person who likes to know all the stuff that goes on "behind the scenes" as it were.

Posts: 10 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post