Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Coraline    What is the hat movie Coraline wears?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the hat movie Coraline wears?
 Login/Join

posted
At some point in the movie, Coraline takes a hat from a box and wears it for a while while exploring.

Does anyone know what kind of hat it was?

It may sound like a strange question, but I'm genuinely curious about it.

It might also be that being Australian, it's something I'm not familiar with.

Posts: 10 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hat that Coraline wears in the film is a Japanese Schoolboy Hat from a uniform.
I found it by searching online and ordering it for my daughter, so I suggest you do the same.

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/182th

See my blog: jordanquinlan.blogspot.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Somewhere in Ontario. | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Japanese schoolboy hat huh?

I thought it might have been some old British bus conductor's hat or something like that.

I wonder if that is a reference to a scene in the book, where Coraline liked to learn about people in faraway places (because she never went anywhere)?

Posts: 10 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice post. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post