Notify
Tools

Coraline Movie
 Login/Join

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Still no email? *waits patiently*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2662 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
They've pushed the German release date back AGAIN! Mad
13th of AUGUST??? What the hell?
We're the last but one country in the world to get it - only Singapore has to wait longer!

So unfair Frown ...

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
sheesh - it's supposed to release on DVD here in July!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25174 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Saw it on the airplane (in 2D, of course, unfortunately). I'm not too bothered by the changes from the book. Certainly, the two Misses and the circus director and the Other Father in the Garden were wonderful. Smile

Anyone haven an idea why they added Wybie? I'm thinking perhaps Coraline alone without anyone to talk to would have been too...silent. Or boring or something. In a movie.

The cat in the movie seemed vaguely different from the book, but can't remember enough of the book to tell. Wasn't it more strong and self reliant?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15466 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Noodle Girl:
Anyone haven an idea why they added Wybie? I'm thinking perhaps Coraline alone without anyone to talk to would have been too...silent. Or boring or something. In a movie.

I still haven't seen it, but there's a featurette on the movie website where Neil explains that Wybie is there so you don't have a girl talking to herself.

ETA: the featurette can also be found here!

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I just saw it this weekend twice in a row, once to watch it of course and a second to use the Bluray extra where I can view it with little pop-ups of the voice sessions and little picture-in-picture making of videos.

I liked the film even with the changes like Wybie and the fact that the rats don't sing (which I don't think it would have made much of an impact any way), although I wish when Coraline got to speak with the ghost children after freeing them that she could have that little picnic instead but oh well, I liked it all just the same.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Got the DVD, Saw it for the first time yesterday.

I liked it more than I thought I would.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has one million roses
Picture of fluffyllama's BIG BROTHER
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't see this when it first came out, because I was in Japan, AND IT NEVER HAD A THEATRICAL RUN IN JAPAN.

JERKS.

So, I missed out on the real3d polarized glasses version, and the red/green DVD 3d is no fun...but the 2D version was great.

_________
(NOT a llama.)

私のホームページを見てください
Please look at my homepage!

Posts: 869 | Location: Way Inaka, Japan | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
FOUND IT! BFI finally Twittered me the link for the London Q&A Session

It was obviously a lot longer than this - they cut out soooo much - including an interview with John Hodgeman, which was a shame. But as I was watching it my youngest daughter (the Coraline fan) heard him talking and asked me to re-play it. When she started watching, she said - "hey, there's you, and me!" and sure enough we had been caught at the start of the video (0:05 secs) taking pics of the models in the glass cases! I have a green cardi on and she has her hair up, a bit. Can you see us!!?

Saharial - it's on my facebook wall if you haven't seen it yet!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Motley,

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2662 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 weeks to go to see it in 3D (i hope) - can't, can't, can't wait after your reviews ..

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. Impressed. Will watch it again now.

Posts: 2618 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patrícia Balan
posted Hide Post
Hey, you guys! Have you seen the journal today? I didn't know Neil lived in the Pink Palace. He painted it red!

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dollgirl
posted Hide Post
HiI'mnewhere.

I watched Coraline the movie before reading the book, mostly because I hadn't heard much about the book despite my liking for Neil. I think I might have a new obsession. So far I've watched the movie twice in 3D and at least three times in 2D (once with subtitles) and am starting the book for the second time, and waiting for the graphic novel to show up at the library. I'm also making a doll inspired by Coraline.

I am so amazed by this story. I really identify with it somehow, and it's probably my favorite work by Neil so far.

Posts: 8 | Location: Under Your Bed | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AndyAndersen
posted Hide Post
I saw the movie today on DVD and just had to find out what others thought. I didn't mind the differences from the book and thought the movie held pretty true. I hope more of Neil's books make it to the big screen!
Cheers Smile

Posts: 1 | Location: Canada | Registered: January 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
We watched Coraline DVD in 3D last night but it was terrible. I hope i can swap it for the 2D version - it didn't work properly.

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of nevereverland
posted Hide Post
Aw, that sucks! They will let you exchange it. I had to do that with my inglorious basterds blue ray...what a pain!

*Call me button eyes*

If vegetarians eat vegetables what do humanitarians eat?

Posts: 62 | Location: Everywhere all at once | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Adrien Deggan
posted Hide Post

I am a young Canadian artist and this is my latest art piece!
I am wondering where the best place would be to post this image? There doesn't seem to be an appropriate discussion for it.

Adrien

My Art Site
My blog

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DiD: Spam!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Watched the movie formthe first time last week.
I had it on my shelf for ages but wanted to see it with older daughter ... and there is a rule in our house: read the book then watch the film.
I was a bit afraid to be let down by the film (as I love the book so much) but was not at all.
I really liked the animation, the story changes were ok (different medium needs different emphasis) and even husband who is not much into this kind of movies enjoyed it greatly.
This will be one of the films older child will watch over and over again - and I will happily join her!

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post