Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Coraline    Coraline and Teaching
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coraline and Teaching
 Login/Join

posted
I am teaching Coraline right now with my 7th graders. We are going to see the movie as a field trip on Friday 13th... Anyone else crazy enough to take 250 7th graders to the movies???

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
Do you have to bring them back?

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something tells me you meant to write '25', 10x that would be some classroom Smile Anyway, that's great you're doing that!

Posts: 10 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
unless she's taking all of her 7th grade english students...that's more than one class.

i'd do it, though. i'm assuming you wouldn't be taking them by your onesies, of course, so yeah! it'd be a good exercise in understanding setting and staging. Smile

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Little Death
posted Hide Post
I love that you are teaching Coraline1 I haven't taken kids to the cinema since my S2 class thats 12/13 year olds in Scotland started a fight with complete strangers in the row in front and I had to remove them...never been so embarrassed in my entire life...I then had to take tham back to school on public transport....fabulous! Anyway if your kids read then they are off to a better start than half the kids that I am desperately trying to inspire in Art and Design xx

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that your students are lucky to have such a dedicated teacher like yourself, it means soo much for their education. You remember of one of my beloved teachers, that person changed my life and had a big role in what I became today. I just got my masters in criminal justice, it's a goal I had for such a long time and now I am finally here. I couldn't do it without the support and directions of my teachers.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate your hard work.I think your student also appreciate you.

Posts: 8 | Location: 623 Atwells Ave, | Registered: July 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
This one is really active!

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post