Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Coraline    Cosplaying Coraline characters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cosplaying Coraline characters
 Login/Join

posted
On a whim, and at the very last minute, I've decided to take my daughter to Phoenix Comicon.

Her immediate question to me was "Who are you going to go as?" I just couldn't resist: I'm going (as soon as I figure out how ... this is where you fine folk come in) as the Other Mother.

Here is the rub: How the heck can I do black button eyes and still see???

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Make one of the four button holes big enough for each of your eyes to see through on each one.

2. Make a small horizontal slit between the spaces of the four holes, separating two of them when finished by the slit line.

3. Make a "fifth" button hole for your eyes in the center of the four button holes.

Hope either of these help or at least give you an idea.

I am the Nwo.

I am the Nwo.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I just couldn't get the buttons to stay on comfortably.

I ended up going as Mina Murray (Harker) from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and, of course, "Dracula").

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SakuraLanee
posted Hide Post
That's sad to hear - you could have easily just had clear thread on the sides (like making button glasses) and tied them to you. It would have been cool.....

"And then we went through Euston, and half the passengers got off...." ~Goliath (NG)

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has one million roses
Picture of fluffyllama's BIG BROTHER
posted Hide Post
You could've maybe gotten a cheap pair of plastic sunglasses, and cut the button shapes out of the lenses...

_________
(NOT a llama.)

私のホームページを見てください
Please look at my homepage!

Posts: 869 | Location: Way Inaka, Japan | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post