Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Book
 Login/Join

posted
I started reading Coraline after reading a Coraline Review, and I am really enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what other Neil Gaiman titles are good?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
er. All of them? Smile

For a quicker read, Stardust or Neverwhere. or Anansi Boys. Or The Graveyard Book. For something more in depth, American Gods.

I'm not helping much, am I? It's just, there's a range of media to choose from - there's also Good Omens, which he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett and is a bit like Monty Python parodied The Omen.

Or there are short stories. Or Sandman. Or the stuff he did with Dave McKean. Do you have a decent library near you?

My favourites? The first thing I ever read by him was Good Omens. I think it's hilarious. Them I read Neverwhere and then Stardust, American Gods, Anansi Boys and just recently The Graveyard Book. I'm only just starting on Sandman, but the books are more my thing.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Me too Maeve, the books are my thing too. I've bought the Sandman comics but keep getting bad dreams (what a suprise!) I love Anansi Boys so much I'm starting it all over again.

Go for it Ynedor - he's brilliant. My favourite author by far.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post