Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Coraline    Coraline: A Visual Companion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coraline: A Visual Companion
 Login/Join

posted
Moments ago I got off the phone with Harper Collins Publishers. I was informed that they had no intentions of re releasing the visual companion connected to the film. This was primarily because of low sales connected with the book. In a perfect world, I was hoping that they would consider revisiting the book, correct all the errors and then re release it just in time for the DVD release.

If you haven't picked this book up yet, you're not missing out.
The book suffers from three major flaws.

1.) the images are of a low quality (72 dpi) which means very heavy pixelation.

2.) seventy percent of the book consist of nothing but movie stills and only thirty percent of it is the actual concept art.

3.) For nearly thirty five dollars twenty six dollars it's a rather expensive book considering what you get.

Harper Collins doesn't think that there's an interest in this book, but I disagree. I attend an art college where I'm happy to know hundreds of enthusiastic fans who loved the movie and would've lined up around the block to purchase the art book HAD the art book been something worth purchasing. I would like to be able to support the hard working men and women who put their time and effort into making this film a reality.

If anyone has any suggestions please reply back to me.

Thank you
Chris

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I think that it's a wonderful book, maybe there's not enough art in it for some but I love it.

I bought it at the BFI bookshop - signed by both Neil Gaiman and Henry Selick and considered myself really lucky to get it. I think it may have been even more expensive in the UK. After reading this I think I was probably exceedingly lucky to get one. Its beautiful to me as it is!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post