Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Mister World and Mister Town
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mister World and Mister Town
 Login/Join

posted
I'm not sure if this has been asked already or not but I could never figure out if the names Mister World and Mister Town meant anything..I apologize if I seem like an idiot for not getting it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
*This is a Spoiler*

The names Mr. Town and Mr. World mean as much as Mr. Stone and Mr. Wood. Wood, Stone and Town are the anthropomorphic representations and manifestations of the American belief in secret government and cabal conspiracy theories. They are the manifestations of the "secret police" : because even if they don't actually exist, in some peoples' mind and in a world of belief they really do.

They also seem to symbolize each stage of a settlement's development and crude instruments: Stone, Wood and Town. What their ranks are is another matter entirely.

Mr. World however is supposed to symbolize international power or the need to know and rule everything. It represents that need to take over the world. Of course the being that actually uses this name is another matter entirely: because just as the world is about truth, it is also about lies ...

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonne qualité avec une replique montre replique montre à bas prix dans notre site Web

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patrick chen,

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrick chen:
Bonne qualité avec une replique montre[/url] replique montre à bas prix dans notre site Web

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post