Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Something's wonky...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something's wonky...
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that an "alien file" is appearing when opening this site and many others on the web. We're trying to resolve the problem as we speak, but in the meantime it might be best if you don't open any weird files that might pop up.

We're probably going to take the servers down for a bit, so if you don't see the site when you type in the url, you'll know we're trying to fix it!

Thanks for your understanding,

Julia at HarperCollins

Posts: 12 | Location: New York, NY USA | Registered: June 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as a follow up to my last post, here's an article on Wired talking about this issue - seems to be an Internet Worm spreading its way around the web today.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,46944,00.html

One thing I picked up from the article is that in Microsoft Explorer or Outlook you can go to Tools/Option/Security and "disable active scripting", and this will allow you to open sites without seeing that random file...

Good luck all, Julia

Posts: 12 | Location: New York, NY USA | Registered: June 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WIliedk:
I am so much inspired by the management of this site. Because they as they also mention in the comment above, they down there server. You must check https://ncube.com/blog/web-dev...-tools-and-resources site and get real services from this. And this is just because they have reported some complaints about it. That's a fabulous working form them.

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post