Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Prayer and Meditation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer and Meditation
 Login/Join

posted
Prayer and meditation are the two way to talk with your inner-self. There is a subtle difference between Prayer and Meditation, When your prayer deepens, your act of offering yourself to the Divine intensifies, and then your ego--your individuality--melts into Universal existence. At that stage, meditation happens. You can choose to pray. But meditation has to happen. When you pray, you try to express your thoughts and emotions to the Supreme Being--in words and in gratitude. Meditation as a practice is an effort to stop the mind from its natural tendency to weave thoughts. In the practice of meditation, you try to relax and then try to focus your mind on a divine form, a sacred sound or a word or phrase as mantra, or you focus on your physical body, breath or thoughts. Meditation is just sitting with your own mind for a while. All day long, you use your mind but never just be with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 1 | Location: 1630 Commanche Ave, Green Bay, WI 54313 | Registered: July 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
At least this is kind of the right tread for prayer and meditation spam ...

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayer and meditation are the wright choice for improving your mental health.

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: October 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meditation and prayer shift brain activity from the stress-prone right frontal cortex to the calmer left frontal cortex.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.- replique montre

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recommend to try my free app Guided Meditation with Learn an Instrument script
* Step by step affirmations and flight through fantastic worlds guide you to the depths of the subconscious
* The exceptional atmosphere of endless journey helps to calm and clear your mind
* 12+ Meditation scripts: Breathing, Counting, Body Awareness, Healing, Pain Management, Chakra Healing, Light Protection, Positive Thinking, Learn an Instrument, Learning Language, Produce Calmness, Meditation for Acting
YouTube: http://youtu.be/o4rUYz7O_lU
iTunes (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...ion/id822904884?mt=8

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post