Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laura's Death
 Login/Join

posted
New member here. I'm really looking forward to reading some of these threads!

I have two questions about the scene where Shadow confronts Wednesday and Loki about their con-game:

1. How exactly are Wednesday and Loki responsible for Laura's death? I'm having trouble making that connection to how they caused it.

2. What does Wednesday mean when he tells Shadow "If it could have been another way"? The narration says directly after that that Shadow knew what he meant. Does that mean that Wednesday is expressing regret for having to kill Laura?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryan Gage,

Ryan Gage

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: October 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there,

I don't have my copy on me so take all of this with a pinch of salt.
I don't think its ever explicitly stated how they killed her the first time, it is just implied that that had happened. They probably used some sort of godly influence the same way that hinzleman controlled the comings and goings of Lakeside.
The second question I don't have a good answer for, perhaps Wednesday was saying that he regretted killing her, perhaps this is what Shadow wanted him to be saying and so saw it in what he was told?

Hope this helps,
Joe

edit: grammar (dear me)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JJWeir,

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
(As an aside, welcome new members! Feel free to check out the World's End portion of the forums for general chatter.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12393 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post