Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Essay questions regarding American Gods help?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Essay questions regarding American Gods help?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I am taking a course on Mythology in Literature in college right now. I have 4 essay questions that are up for grabs on our upcoming exam and I am kinda lost on what I should write on...the teacher is very picky but he allows us to use our books and stuff...Anyone who has read the book Serenity would also be a great help here...

1. Identify 4 passages from American Gods that you think are wise or true and explain why.

2. Explain the role of belief in American Gods by giving examples of where it is discussed and demonstrated.

3. Shadow's life is a journey. Describe the physical and psychological obstacles he overcomes.

4. Compare and contrast the journey the crew in Serenity takes to the one Shadow takes.

Thanks for any input guys!

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Honestly, if you've read the book it should be fairly easy to ramble on about any of these questions. While we do like to discuss the book, we generally don't appreciate doing other people's homework - which is what your post reads like to me. I could be wrong and if I am, I apologise.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I don't want my homework done for me, I will be honest and say I didn't enjoy American Gods as much as I enjoyed Serenity. Serenity is much more fresh in my mind because of this.

I don't want anyone to write my essays, I more or less want some ideas from people who enjoyed and thoroughly understood the book of what I could write on, I obviously being responsible for the essay which is going to be 2-3 pages long.

posted Hide Post
Want some help? Get used to reading and comprehending things you don't particularly enjoy. Your comprehension and ability to answer these questions shouldn't be dependent on whether or not you "like" the material.

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is how old now? Can we stop responding to it. I'm done with the class. I passed the test with an A. I just wanted some perspectives and ideas from people who actually enjoyed the book.

posted Hide Post
I was looking for this information,'re fortunate to have seen here, it is very nice and helpful to me. really helped me to have more new ideas.I write this comment just want to thank the author.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patrick chen,

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post