Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Differences between Editions: Preferred Text from 2004 and 10th anniversary from 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Differences between Editions: Preferred Text from 2004 and 10th anniversary from 2011
 Login/Join

posted
Are there differences aside from the foreword? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ReaderGuy,

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
Yes, the preferred edition has some extra bits to include the Jesus story as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12437 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I just finished reading the version from 2004 and when I found out there was a newer one, I thought it would have to include more, rather than less. The one from 2011 has the Jesus scene in the Appendix I think.

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is the 2011/Author's Preferred Text version that I'm referring to; quite enjoyed the expanded version!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12437 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it expanded though? Except for three words in the scene on the carousel where Wednesday says something like "these are my ravens Hugin and Munin, Thought and Mind" in the 2011 version; whereas in the 2004 version he leaves out "Thought and Mind" I think. But the 2004 version has the Jesus scene built in and not just in the appendix. I listened to the 2011 audiobook version while reading the 2004 version and there are virtually no differences. I've also never really seen the 2004 "Author's preferred text" version anywhere else.

posted Hide Post
There are around (or exactly?) 12,000 words added.

https://scifi.stackexchange.co...-anniversary-edition

Posts: 22 | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post