Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    Question about a line in the book
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about a line in the book
 Login/Join

posted
I'm about halfway through American Gods and there's a line I just don't understand:
quote:
She had been raped a number of times when younger: by black men who had been ordered to share her wooden palette, and by white men.

What does "wooden palette" mean in this context? Am I missing something obvious?

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
It's the rough equivalent of a bed. Most likely it was nothing more than a wooden platform, slightly elevated to keep it off the ground and out of the muck.

Similar to this.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes i agreed with the smalltown. its nothing but the wooden platform or something flat part which is made by wood!! we can also called this as a wooden palette which is used for painting.

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes sense now. Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<thankyou>
posted
Hello,I loved the article. It is very exciting. Thank you for the information. I will be back.

lunettes de soleill chanel

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you -

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patrick chen,

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post