Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  American Gods    American Gods - The movie?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Gods - The movie?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I loved American Gods and have purchased the book about 20 times because every time I "lend" it out I never get it back (it's THAT good). SO.... I have a hardback hidden away so no one can take it from me and it may be time to re-read it again.

If it were to be made into a movie, I think Shadow should be large but small, black but white... but no matter what when I close my eyes I see a cast of characters as well. I think Shadow will be hard to cast, but Wednesday should be Charles Dance. I also think Paul Bettany would make a greaaatttt (Loki) Low-Key Lyesmith. My husband and I have been debating on Shadow. He read Shadow as a native american, I read shadow as somewhat black and somewhat white... more like a Denzel Washington mixed with Jason Stathom if anyone can find THAT guy... Vinnie Jones should be cast as well someplace - Mr Ibis or Mr Jackal... then there is Bill Nighy... who needs to be in there too...

anyhow... if this movie is made I will be sleeping in line for tickets... Stardust was INCREDIBLE.... and I loveeeee Mirror Mask.. thank you N.G. You are an inspiration.

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the choice for Laura... as Julie Benz, what about (after seeing the Book of Eli) Denzel for Shadow?

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
serious 6 foot 3 Franky G - Shadow
most interesting man in the world - Wednesday
rough beard elya baskin - czernobog
look it up and just think about it

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So cast choice is a huge part if the wrong people are chosen there are going to be alot of dissapointed people.

I agree with Dominic Purcell as shadow.

I swear if anyone mentions vin desil dwane jhonson again i will shoot them.

And for me its a big no to anthony hopkins as wednesday. Wednesday is not that scary a person and anthony hopkins just doesnt work

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to mention Anthony Hopkins is already playing Odin in the Thor movie.

Which means, in a small way, some of us will get a small taste of what we want. Personally, I would prefer Jack Nicholson.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When i read it, Wednesday was Jeff Bridges,
and if he hasnt gotten too old, then Martin Csokas as Shadow.. Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they are good for their imagination, but, you need some blackness, christopher nolan for the black universe of the dark night, but without the hollywoody production, something simple but in the same time crazy, maybe Inarritu.
for the actors, I think gerard butler would fit in shadow, or maybe javier Baldem without the spanish accent.for wenesday, hopkins is too old, maybe ed harris.
quote:
Originally posted by Spagman:
Hand the director/producer roles to Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro and I'll be reserving tickets tomorrow.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read American book several times in my college days , and I enjoyed it just as much the second time around as I did upon the first reading.

Posts: 1 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL,33401 | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion movies should not be made from the book stories.We regularly read books.Movies should be made by using imagination and creativity.

Posts: 1 | Location: 2300 Riddle Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806 | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post