Find
Notify
Tools

Starz TV Show
 Login/Join

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted
Himself announced last month that Starz has officially picked up American Gods (and the I subsequently geeked out). It also looks like he will be writing some of the episodes as well.

How long do you think until we start hearing casting rumours??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12400 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*looks at watch*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump in anticipation of tonight's premiere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12400 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else think it's going too fast?

I still don't know who Keith Flint is

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not in the least. They're breaking up the book into at least three seasons, with the current one ending before House on the Rock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, I think.
I'm not convinced that the wonderful floaty greyness I got from the book is well implemented into the screen adaption, perhaps this'll develop as the series continues.
(Also the music is crap)

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
Not in the least. They're breaking up the book into at least three seasons, with the current one ending before House on the Rock.

I just felt like he was in the alligator bar in like five minutes and I just wanted it to slow down everything was happening so fast. I do see your point though.

I still don't know who Keith Flint is

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading the reviews on Amazon, it strikes me that the show has done avery poor job introducing the world to people that haven't read the book which isn't terribly surprising, unfortunately it seems to have meant that quite a few people have simply given up on it.

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Possibly it will catch on a bit when people can just bingewatch all the episodes? I know that's what I'm waiting for. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to settle and watch on one specific night and so I would rather watch it all, when I want to/can.

I've been spoiled by Netflix and Amazon Prime. Even with Doctor Who - I no longer have access to BBC America and so I can't watch it online unless I sign in, which I can't do.

And then I found out AG would be several seasons, well... I've read the book, I can wait.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I really liked it! Someone on Twitter said "it's been Art Directored to within an inch of it's life" which... yeah. I agree. I kind of love that.

The thing that's missing, for me, is the personality and vulnerability of Shadow as a narrator in the book. On screen, he has to be simultaneously a "shadow' of a man so we understand how other characters react to him, and our eyes into this world. I feel like he'd doing a good job of the former, but the nature of television means it's nearly impossible to do the second.

I didn't realize how badly I needed Shadow's company to make the world in the book understandable, or at least absorb-able and bearable. I badly miss looking at things through his eyes, being inside his head. He's not as interesting from the outside.

(Edit to Add: It's good to see you, Eldi! If this is the Eldi I remember, I know you had a lot more posts once upon a time. Did you have to restart your ID after not logging in for a while?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a silly question about the series. (I have not read the books)...How does a God actually get hurt by Shadow moon in the croc bar when they fight? Are they no more powerful than humans in this show? Are they supposed to be human now? It is a bit confusing.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GJ, the Gods are powerful sure, but Mad Sweeney is long past his prime. No one has seriously believed in Leprechauns for years and he very definitely inhabits the physical world and as such is subject to at least some of the laws that govern it.