Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    The Onaphim Samael - Ye Olde Devil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Onaphim Samael - Ye Olde Devil
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Everyone

If the new poster Saruviel had read our faq before commenting, he would have found this rule regarding spam

quote:
No spam is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:

*Newcomers asking for attention for their website/cause/book/etc. We expect posters to come to contribute not to use us.

*Self-promotion. For newcomers, it is generally not tolerated. We feel like we're being used. For old-timers, it is more tolerated as it's more about sharing your life.

and would not have posted about his stories but would have joined the board, became a good contributing member and perhaps one day when we all new each other better, we'd be happy to read his stories.

He would also know that we do forgive mistakes and if he goes ahead and reads our faq's and joins the board as a contributing member, we will welcome him.

Smaug
Administrator of the Neil Gaiman Messageboard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

Posts: 2 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello. My name is 'Saruviel' (real name: Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly). I've been a fan of DC Comics Vertigo imprint for many years, and particularly enjoyed the Sandman comics, which I knew about from it's launch, but didn't collect until the mid 50s of the run. I find Neil a sensitive author, with a view of justice and mercy strongly within his writing, shown through the way many of his characters interact with each other. He is a good voice of this generation, speaking to the heart of many, I feel. I find, personally, some of his viewpoints too liberal and not conservative enough, for society is a lot older than the fresh young uni student listening to 'Joy Division' and 'New Order' often thinks it is, believing himself the centre of a culture revolution. We've been there done that a lot before, you know. Nothing new Neil. Cheers to everyone.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post