Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    At least three summaries needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At least three summaries needed
 Login/Join

Picture of Ivana Babic
posted
Hi there Smile

I'm new here and I already have a favour to ask of you.
I'm sure you get this a lot, but I'm doing my MA thesis on Sandman and need at least three summaries (from three different people, of course Big Grin) for a mini-research that's going to be part of the thesis.
There are no specific rules except it would be useful if you could write it more as a report, rather than a review (i.e. as emotionless as possible- I realize this is very very hard, though Smile)
I'd be grateful if there's anyone out there willing to help. Your personal info won't be displayed anywhere. It's going to be anonymous.
I need it as soon as you can write it.
You can either post the summary here on the forum or send it over to: ivanananetu@gmail.com

Thanks a million!

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miguel The Magnificent
posted Hide Post
It's Not That HARD
I'm a very very smart.
I could have entered college at 16
I read the momories of adrian of Marguerite yourcenar
I love James Joyce( He was insane though)
I study SCIENCE( not the mad one unfortunatly).

I will help you
If you help me

You want summaries of all the Sandman?
Spin-offs of sandman?
Chapters of Sandman?
How dry and stoic do you want the summarie( give me an example)?
Can I use figures of style?
Did I Write style Well?
What advice would you give to an apprentice writer?
Tell me of good BOOKS!

No Work No gain
Nor pleasure without pain

PS: I'm portuguese
You should totally learn Portuguese, we have great Poets!!

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivana Babic
posted Hide Post
Hi there Miguel,

Thanks for your post!
About the summary being very hard...it was a joke... never mind. Smile
What I'm looking for is a summary of the Sandman series (thus 10 standard editions). No spin-offs or special editions. It does not have to be dry. That was not the point. Actually, it's maybe even better if I don't give any instructions on how to do it so it actually reflects your own ideas, style and opinions. Go for any sort of style you think is appropriate.

About the advice to an apprentice writer...hm, I'd say that it's much more about actually putting a lot of hours into it than it is generally thought. Style-wise, it would be absurd to even give you any pointers because that is precisely what differs you from any other person, your own way of thinking and (story)telling.
If you'd like to get an insight into more hands-on approach to writing, there's a book called "Reading Like a Writer" by Francis Prose which you might find useful.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
i'll be honest, i would really like to do this but i have no clue when i'd get around to it or if i'd even remember to do it

when is your deadline and when is the deadline to send you something?

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post