Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Do you think the endless are real?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you think the endless are real?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm wondering what you people think about the question? My friend asked me that after she finished reading the Sandman collection i loaned her.

"Do you think the endless are real?"

The thought of death or dream actually really being real sounds weird and many would call you crazy and all but i'm wondering what you think.

For starters i think that the endless could be real, having death as a perky goth chick would be really nice when i'm on my death bed. Smile

So what do you think?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bear
posted Hide Post
this would mean that Neil would have a direct spiritual connection with otherworldly forces, lending their truth to his stories.

Actually, now that I say it out loud, that scenario wouldn't surprise me in the least.

(I ♥ my bear 9.22.06)
☆ミ(o*・ω・)

Posts: 5 | Location: Winnipeg! | Registered: December 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
no.

next?

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaya Lakshmi
posted Hide Post
I'd love for it to be true, but having read Sandman as fiction, I'd consider myself insane for believing it.

If anything, Neil came to a close version of the endless, but wasn't completely accurate.

But whatever. I'd like to think that something like the endless exists. But that's just me.

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At best I can venture a guess... and that would simply be "well... fuck it... anything is posible"

We'll know when we'll know.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
well The Endless are described as "ideas" in the comics, so yes, the ideas are real of course

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killala
posted Hide Post
They may exist as egregoras Big Grin Smile

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2119876/ - my Sandman and other fanfics Smile

Posts: 76 | Location: Poland | Registered: August 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thecheckeredman
posted Hide Post
Sure.

Martian Manhunter told me so.

Please check out my comic strip TALES OF A CHECKERED MAN at www.thecheckeredman.com

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always felt (or at least, for a very long time now) that we as human beings can't really understand the universe. I mean, everybody makes mistakes, we all run in to things we don't understand, even if it's just someone else's opinion or train of thought;

Even the laws of nature / physics, we don't really -know-; we have well-developed ideas about them that mostly seem to match what we experience of reality. Gravity's always my favourite example: As far as we know, Newton was on to something, but there really could be a man in the core of the planet holding out invisible strings and laughing his ass off, if you catch my drift.

So long story short; there's probably things we'll never know or understand about our universe or reality. I consider myself a fairly grounded, sceptic, reasonable person, all things considered, but who knows? Maybe there -are- sentient beings out there with abilities or spheres of influence beyond our ability to even imagine.

Mister Neil writes well, but I doubt he got lucky and actually gave us truth :-)
As a much wiser man than me once said; all writers are liars.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mephys
posted Hide Post
Gosh, this is so old, I wonder if anyone is even going to see it?
Hello?
I think its human nature to want to explain our existance, to make ourselves into something at least reasonably important, enough to merit Gods and Angels, and protection and salvation...but, what if there is only ourselves? What if we are a dream, and everything we beleive in is just a thin fabrication of energy and light? Would it change how we treat each other, and what we choose to do with the brief time we have to exist?

Posts: 8 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post