Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    teaching sandman in high school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

teaching sandman in high school
 Login/Join

posted
I was browsing a charity site I sometimes visit, called Donors Choose, and randomly found this project:

http://www.donorschoose.org/do...posal.html?id=307467

Don't know if the link will come up, but basically, there's a high school teacher in California who's using Sandman collections to help get students more interested in reading.

I'm NOT affiliated with the site, I don't know this teacher, but I just thought... isn't it cool that there are teachers out there, especially in our budget-crunched state of California, who think outside the box? I didn't get into Sandman til first year of college. I actually sent my 9th grade english teacher a copy of the Sandman Orpheus story and she loved it. I wonder if the comic book ever worked its way into the curriculum after that...

Anyhow, just randomly sharing.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is SO cool! I wish I had the money to contribute right now. I also wish the school I used to work for would have allowed things like that, but the curriculum was SO rigid.

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fake search site. Yeah, that's legit. - DiD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post