Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    Did Desire make the satyr in The song of Orpheus try to rape Eurydice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Desire make the satyr in The song of Orpheus try to rape Eurydice?
 Login/Join

posted
Just finished reading Sandman for the second time today and I was retracing the original event that set this whole thing in motion and eventually caused Morpheus's death. I own the Omnibus edition of the series and that contains a special called The flowers of romance. In it, an ageing satyr is asking Desire for another day of youth, based on "a promise his kind has been given, in exchange for a gift, at a wedding, in the dawn of the world..". Does this mean that Desire told Aristaeus to assault Eurydice (predicting the outcome) in exchange for a boon? This would mean that Desire was the original root of the whole thing. I tried looking it up bot people seem to miss this detail. Thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post