Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    New Poster- and SANDMAN art
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Poster- and SANDMAN art
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys, new to the board here. Believe it or not I never read Sandman before, but after reading AMERICAN GODS, I thought and I should- and hey, Im loving it.
I draw some comics and write, mostly I write mythology stuff (but think OPPOSITE of Neils writing, mine is for Marvel and usually involves Gods punching each other with space ships or whatever) and didnt realise how deeply invloved Sandman was in mythology.
Anyway, I'll try and post this image, and hope I dont screw up.
Also, I have total disregard for spelling or spellchecks, Im the Jonny Rotten of spelling.

Heres the drawin...

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crap try this...

or just go here
http://www.myimgs.com/data/oeming/Sandman.jpg

I suck at computer stuff, sorry Im such a noob

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Just looked at your bio - started with Innovation, eh? I remember them. Newstrailia and Lunatic Fringe, a few others, yes?
Nice pic btw

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, Newstralia #2 was my first inking gig. I was 14, and its horribleSmile

has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
So far as I've been able to tell, there's extremely little that Neil writes that isn't wrapped up in mythology.

Admittedly, on occasion he just invents his own mythology, but then, there's hardly anything wrong with that.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Avon Oeming:
Dude, Newstralia #2 was my first inking gig. I was 14, and its horribleSmile

Perhaps, but I bought it when it came out and still have it! Haven't looked at it in years, but I know that when I was a teen/preteen picking it up, I didn't notice any problems with the art. I'm fairly sure I even thought Newstrailia was better than the other Innovation books (though as it quickly stopped being stocked, I think I only ever read 2 or 3 issues)

I'd only ever heard of Jill Thompson becoming a comic artist that young - how'd you get the job?

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
Well, there's horrible, and then there's just not nearly as good as what you'd expect out of yourself now. You got hired, so I can't imagine it was total crap. But you've also clearly moved a step or two beyond age fourteen.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
[QUOTE]
I'd only ever heard of Jill Thompson becoming a comic artist that young - how'd you get the job?

I was just sending my work out to get feedback and they hired me, I didnt even know to follow up on it, I could have gotten more workSmile Well, I returned when i was about 17 and I starting inking the CHILDS PLAY series and a few other things.

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Here's your chance: I've heard good things about Powers, never got around to picking it up. Convince me!

posted Hide Post
Powers is a noir crime drama with a superhero backdrop- issue 7 of the image series guest starred Warren Ellis as himself and we horribly mutilate him. Its worth reading just for thatSmile
Mike

Picture of monkeywonder
posted Hide Post
thats really cool Mike, i'm a big fan of your work in Powers. i liked your 'Wings of Anansi' too. nice work

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monkeywonder,

Posts: 8 | Location: London | Registered: March 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks man. Im looking forward to reading Neils Anansi Boys. Does neil plan on adapting American Gods into a comic?

Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Avon Oeming:
Thanks man. Im looking forward to reading Neils Anansi Boys. Does neil plan on adapting American Gods into a comic?

Sweet jebus, I hope not, the book was long enough, that would be quite an undertaking.

GMZoe, I can't believe you don't read Powers! Not to make Oeming's head blow up, but how bout this: Powers is the best comic book series since Sandman.

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the original crazy ratbastard
Picture of Lawerence McWhiskeyson
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, Mike.
I love your stuff; I got the Powers print you did for ACTOR framed up on me wall.

It's right above a Sin City Marv print.

Which is right above a pile of lint.

(I'm sorry, Mike. The vacuum is broken; we'll get it fixed and get that cleaned up in a jiff. Red Face)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lawerence McWhiskeyson,

"Witches. Flying monkeys. I's never goin' take PCP again."

Posts: 1109 | Location: Elk Grove Village,IL | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post