Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Sandman    "Death is before me today"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Death is before me today"
 Login/Join

raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted
I was reading a book on ancient Egypt the other day and discovered that Neil took that poem from one of those people's longer works.

www.perankhgroup.com/dispute_e...man_and_his_soul.htm
I face death today like a sick man regaining health,
like one coming out after imprisonment.
I face death today like the scent of myrrh,
like sitting before the sail on a windy day.
I face death today like the scent of the lotus,
like sitting on the edge of drunkenness.
I face death today like a familiar road,
like a man returning home from the battlefield.
I face death today like the clearing of the sky,
like a man discovering the unknown.
I face death today like a man eager to see his home
after many years in captivity.

Mutant of the Freakness

Posts: 125 | Location: Maine USA | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This post is very informative. Thank you!

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
sigh

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
Do you like it?

Mutant of the Freakness

Posts: 125 | Location: Maine USA | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mephys
posted Hide Post
That is a truly beautiful peice of work, the concept of welcoming death - not because you hate living, but because you've led a worthy life...really resonates with me.

Posts: 8 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mephys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
sigh

there is magic and beauty in the unexpected, unexplored, and unnoticed...you are there now, why not notice it?

Posts: 8 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
Because so many people are too busy with their own stuff.

Mutant of the Freakness

raises plants that kill
Picture of SiiriC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mephys:
That is a truly beautiful peice of work, the concept of welcoming death - not because you hate living, but because you've led a worthy life...really resonates with me.
:-) Good.

Mutant of the Freakness